RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some input on airline preferences from syacuse new york to denver colorado on shipping a dog, or if anybody is heading west to colorado or yellostone on vacation, thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
when are you planning on shipping? I have 2 sisters in Rochester that are coming out to Denver - 1 in July and 1 in early August I think that might be willing to have the dog go along.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Check Continental Airlines (now United). They have a special category called "Petsafe" and I've had very good luck in the past.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when are you planning on shipping? I have 2 sisters in Rochester that are coming out to Denver - 1 in July and 1 in early August I think that might be willing to have the dog go along.
Thanks, the July trip would be perfect the pup is 5 months old, my number is 307-277-0075

·
Registered
875 Posts
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but United would never be my first, second, third choice for shipping a dog. 25 years ago they were suppose to ship a puppy from O'Hare to Oakland, CA. Pup went to LA and then back to SFO and I ended up picking up pup in blinding rain storm at 11 PM because they were too uncaring to try to arrange correct flight to Oakland. Another time out of Denver, we waited and waited for them to load dog to go home to San Francisco and my husband finally had to complain bitterly before takeoff that our dog was not on plane (it wasn't). Just a month ago another pup shipped from O'Hare to Dulles and flight was 3 hours late in mid-day. Forget about Pet Safe or whatever they call it! Phone delay of over 1/2 hour. They don't care! Worst airline for shipping pets ever!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Pat I think the poster is referring to Continental's program which is superior to UAL's from what i have heard but the two companies have merged. If it were me, I'd drive the dog to the nearest airport with DIRECT MAINLINE service to Denver. That is more than likely going to be Newark, JFK, or LaGuardia. It's a little mre effort but if you avoid connections, especially those on regional airlines, you will minimize potential inconveniences. Furthermore, the larger aircraft have much better environmental control for cargo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts