RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it cost to ship an adult dog out of KC or Omaha to Calgary, Alberta?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
It depends...airline costs vary from airline to airline and are based on the dimensions and weight of the dog, health certificate costs vary from vet to vet, etc. It's not a "one price fits all" situation.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It does depend on everything just mentioned in previous post. But experience has been from $430-$675.....weight-size-kennel-miles into/across the boarder. Call up the airlines...very friendly- esp Delta.....but make sure you count the $ for health cert and a kennel....there alone you could be handing out $200. Good luck....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I fly my lab from Houston TX to Calgary alberta on Continental every summer. Calgary sucks to fly in and out of for Dogs. Couple points to remember......

1. The airlines outsource pet handling at this airport and they do not have customs clearance on sight. As such after you land you have to drive the handling agent (right near airport) process the paperwork (pay), then drive back to the airport (park) and go back into the terminal and process customs, then drive back to the handling agent and pick up your dog. This whole process can take 1-3 hours and can be a mind blower if parking is jam packed at the terminal.

2. International travel requires 4 inches of head clearance for the crate. My mid size 75 LB lab requires to the super large crate (that you do not own).

3. The outsource handling firm requires half a day process time to ship your dog back into the USA. If you have a morning flight you need to process you dog the day before you fly if thats the case (you don't leave you dog though). Airlines don't know this (and won't tell you). If you show up that morning 3 hours before your flight to process.......you will not be going (done that).

Also....make sure you know what times customs are open to process dogs at the calgary airport. If you land in the evening or on a Sunday you dog might not get processed till the next day. Call customs yourself and call the processing agent yourself and ask all these questions before you book your flight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts