RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shipping new pup from Montana to TN. If by land, can pick up week earlier. I would like to do that but only place I called suggested I check elsewhere as their price would be high. She aplogized and said that they were more Trial to Trial type transporters. Anyone know of a reliable transporter or should I just wait a week and ship via Delta Dash? By the way, transporter I checked with was Katie Becker, so no need to suggest her. Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
We're flying up and bringing the puppy back on the plane with us at 7 weeks on Delta. Flights from here were about $500 and then an extra $125 for the pup, so still very costly. Might be cheaper flight from where you are though. I'd look into Allegiant because you might be able to get a flight to Las Vegas, then to Kalispell.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Delta cargo is a great way to send the dogs. You need a letter from a vet saying they are safe for travel and you end up buying an extra pet porter.
The other option I like by ground is www.gundogexpress.com
Hope this helps. Both options should get what you need done for $425 or less.

Kevin

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just an FYI....Gundogexpress is a great company...HOWEVER, our experience has been, they add on xtra charges to their "base price of $325/425" and....they took five days vs the 'normal' day and ahalf travel for this puppy. I just hated the fact that our puppy was on the road for almost a whole week....not good. Flying is a great way to get the pup home. Just thoughts.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
What has Sarita recommended to you regarding shipping options? She knows the challenges of getting pups out in the summer from her location including summer shipping airline temperature restrictions, required by Delta and many other airlines. It also can be very challenging with the airline mergers and reduction in routes now to get pups from point A to point B.

G

·
I saw the pups pictures on Moonstones website I can't believe they are already to go to their new homes. Congrats to all who are getting one.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
We're flying up and bringing the puppy back on the plane with us at 7 weeks on Delta. Flights from here were about $500 and then an extra $125 for the pup, so still very costly. Might be cheaper flight from where you are though. I'd look into Allegiant because you might be able to get a flight to Las Vegas, then to Kalispell.

bypass Vegas at all costs, its already 100 degrees here...

How about flying the dog out of Salt Lake.....

·
Registered
353 Posts
bypass Vegas at all costs, its already 100 degrees here...

How about flying the dog out of Salt Lake.....
I meant, take the dog on the plane. Allegiant has a lot of fares less than $200. I definitely would not be flying the dog under the plane on Allegiant, even if they allowed it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone, got problem handled and by the way, I should not have mentioned transporters name. Although I did not use her, her prices were fair and competitive. If anyone thinks I implied otherwise, I did not mean to. I do not know anything about her or her business and would not intentionally do anything to harm her business. I only meant that I had already contacted her and didn't need anyone else to recommend her to me and have thread stop there. Thanks again for everyone's help.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Too bad you have it handled. I'd have suggested you ship the pup to Sacramento-I'll pick it up and drive it to my place.......

(.......nope I didnt mention anything about sending to you...:) Wish I had one of those coming to me! Enjoy!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts