RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Anyone know of a airline that has climate control & will ship to Arizona (in May, June)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Continental.

·
Registered
256 Posts
OK, I just ran this gauntlet my particular carrier will be delta. Inquire about the "pet safe" program. All cargo areas are pretty much temperature controlled today. The issue or not comes down to getting the list of "airports" that participate in the "petsafe" program. This boils down to a system t hat they have to readily move the animals from the tarmac once they come out of the aircraft. The shipping, connecting and receiving airport all have to participate in this program. Carrier can give you a list

My situation:

From Peoria Ill through ATL to Alexandria La. 27 May. Temps will be 95ish here. It is no problem because ALL airports on flight "participate" in program.

Delta was overly helpful and took a load off my mind from worrying about how I was going to get the pup here....

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
My situation:

From Peoria Ill through ATL to Alexandria La. 27 May. Temps will be 95ish here. It is no problem because ALL airports on flight "participate" in program.

I will not ship through Atlanta because it can be a problem. For the cost of dog transport on airlines, I would fly there before I would trust Atlanta.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I will not ship through Atlanta because it can be a problem. For the cost of dog transport on airlines, I would fly there before I would trust Atlanta.
When I looked into the safety of shipping a pup to me, it did look like most of the missed flights, deaths and injuries occurred in Atlanta. Don't know what is wrong with that place but something sure is. Reading the incident reports they seem to do things that are in total disregard for the animal's safety.

Direct non-stop flights are the only way to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I recommend DELTA! I have used both Continental and Delta a good bit in the past 6 years. Delta wins out in my opinion from care of the animals all the way to customer service from start to finish.
Bobby

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a pup shipped from TN to Buffalo NY via Delta two years ago. The flight had a connection in Atlanta and the pup missed the connection and was left over night in Atlanta. Not Good. (See Nancy's post above)
When she arrived in Buffalo the next morning, her kennel was clean with fresh paper and water, and she was a happy little camper. The Delta people had looked after her in Altanta with her unexpected overnight stay.
I flew the next pup via Delta because of that experience, with good results. I haven't tried anyone else but Delta treated my pups well.
A direct flight with Delta is the best way to go in my experience.

Bryon Samis

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
why don't you try this:

http://movethedog.net/

Kati Becker started this company for moving dogs around for field trialers.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Continental. When I bought my dog at 2 months of age the breeder shipped him from Omaha, NE to San Juan, PR. He went from NE to Houston to SJ. It was an 8-9 hours trip. Temperature in SJ was 87, this happened in June (summer). Since Continental had those temp control in most of their flight there was no problem. Now Continental was fuse with United and some of these flights are no longer available . That flight that we used is no longer available and so as other. Call Pet Safe to see which is the closest flight available in your area. By the way Continental also gave me the best price. Not even $200.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a pup coming from MT to TN. Emailed Kati Becker and she quickly emailed me back that she is on road and will contact me tonight. Any thoughts or personal experience with her? Is she reasonable and dependable and most of all...is she good with and to the dogs? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts