RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Should clubs withhold placements in a particular stake, to be announced along with other stakes?

• Always?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never!

• Sometimes....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am wondering how many clubs withhold placements in a particular stake, to be announced along with other stakes. Personally, I wouldn't do that because there are people from out of town who only rolled in for that stake. Also, is it actually a wrong or "illegal" thing to do?

I thought the ribbons were given to the handlers, and then the placements announced at the tailgate. :? Just wondering..

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should clarify.. If a test ends the day BEFORE the tailgate, shouldn't the placements be awarded that night, and then announced the next day......

·
Registered
230 Posts
At our trial we usually announce placements from Friday and Saturday at the Saturday Tailgate party. Usually we still have 3 stakes running on Sunday with the Qual completing on Saturday morning and announced at the Saturday tailgate. I don't remember any stakes (qual, open) completing on Friday in the past. Sunday placements are usually done on site at the stakes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The suspence is killing me!!

C'mon,

Give up the info. On the bright side, if Howard and Bam get the needed pts, they may be able to pick up on a last minute super saver fare on the plane ticket. Or...just fork over the jing and fly 1st class. I'm sure the flight attendants will take good care of Bam in 1st class and Howard will be just fine in coach :wink: . Fingers and toes still crossed for them. Also, Cheers and good luck to Lynn Cole and Jaclyn's Cinder of Cole. They are in the big dance.

Ron

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
bandcollector said:
At our trial we usually announce placements from Friday and Saturday at the Saturday Tailgate party. Usually we still have 3 stakes running on Sunday with the Qual completing on Saturday morning and announced at the Saturday tailgate. I don't remember any stakes (qual, open) completing on Friday in the past. Sunday placements are usually done on site at the stakes.
But what if a person is only running the Qual and it ends on Friday? They must stick around until Saturday night to find out?

FOM

·
Registered
230 Posts
FOM said:
But what if a person is only running the Qual and it ends on Friday? They must stick around until Saturday night to find out?

FOM
We never have had this issue occur. I am sure we would pass out the ribbons on Friday if it ever did. No need to stress the entrants. I can't imagine why they would want to miss our world famous tailgate grub regardless. :lol:

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
bandcollector said:
I can't imagine why they would want to miss our world famous tailgate grub regardless. :lol:
Which club is this? :D

Road Trip Regards,

FOM

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: The suspence is killing me!!

Ron Schuna said:
Also, Cheers and good luck to Lynn Cole and Jaclyn's Cinder of Cole. They are in the big dance.

Ron
We call her "mother" for her stern coaching techniques! I just love her, and I certainly try NOT to foget the lesson she has taught! I hope they kick some ass at Nationals! :D :D

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FOM

FOM
That's what the issue was. The Open ended on Friday evening, and the handlers had to wait until the tailgate to see if they placed. Several people commented on it, thought I knew something I didn't know.... The subject came up at a hunt test last year and since I was still on the board, I was able to have a fit on behalf of the handlers, and they were awarded thier ribbons...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great Group in Alaska

Mary O,

I used to train with Howard, Lynn, Eloy, John, Betsy and a few others on up there. I have trained with many good trainers since leaving Alaska in 2001 but I have yet to be part of such a cohesive training group. I worked a week on / week off slope rotation and trained as many Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Church in the field as I could with those folks. Training with them kind of makes a guy really miss Alaska. Not the long winters but effective "Group" training.

Go Howard....Go Lynn!!!! I'm looking forward to swilling a toast to their efforts in the near future.

Ron

·
Registered
316 Posts
I guess this is a non-issue at our club. Placement announcements are always made at the completion of the stake, but there are a lot folks that stick around all weekend regardless- must be that Saturday night tailgate party...I think it even started a little bit early yesterday :wink: ...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Great Group in Alaska

Ron Schuna said:
Mary O,

I used to train with Howard, Lynn, Eloy, John, Betsy and a few others on up there. I have trained with many good trainers since leaving Alaska in 2001 but I have yet to be part of such a cohesive training group. I worked a week on / week off slope rotation and trained as many Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Church in the field as I could with those folks. Training with them kind of makes a guy really miss Alaska. Not the long winters but effective "Group" training.

Go Howard....Go Lynn!!!! I'm looking forward to swilling a toast to their efforts in the near future.

Ron
Hey... Betsy won the Open on Friday with Abby. Eloy brok his ankel jogging, and John fell off his roof and broke ribs, shoulder blades and a collar bone. Both of them are out for awhile. Eloy still is able to train a bit, and brought John down to watch the AM today... I told those boys I better turn them in on newer models! LOL! Yep, they are a great group of people. Gonna go crane and goose hunting with Eloy this fall.....

I'll tell them all hello for you!

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Do you have any updates on the AM???

FOM

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FOM said:
Do you have any updates on the AM???

FOM
13 dogs brought to water. 5 dogs called back for the marks. And Guess what?!?!?! Bam is one of the 5 dogs. I should hear the placements soon! :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts