RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forgive me, but after an incredibly intense semester... the pressure is off and I'm giddy with the chance to just hang out on RTF and ponder the really compelling questions of the age...

Like what personalized plates to put on my new pick-up. (Toyota Tacoma.)

The truck is just for schlepping me and my little BLF to training and hunt tests. Years ago I had LABWAGN and the state of NV says they won't issue them again. (For typically obtuse and bureaucratic reasons.) I know already that LABWGN is also gone. 7 letters/digits max... any ideas?

And while I'm at it... inquiring minds want to know. At the HT's I've attended over the last couple of years, I notice the majority of big dog rigs are put on Ford Super Duty (usually 350's). Why the preponderance? (You can probably tell I've had truck envy for a while but told myself I'd never EVER need a rig that big and fancy. Honest. Not EVER. I swear. Even after I retire from teaching. Really.)

· Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I AM loving the truck.I traded in a 2001 Tacoma (hand-me-down from hubby) that was so bare and basic it didn't have cruise control and it had a single cab. There was hardly room inside the thing for me a purse and a bag of books. I don't need a lot of luxury, but that cruise control thing... hated it. Having said that... it had 87,000 miles on it, was solid as a rock and there was no place it wouldn't take you (4WD).

I have the 6 cyl. 6 spd manual transmission and OMG I feel like I'm driving a caddy. So nice. I think the next HT I will be going to is Marin. Hope I have new tags then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.