RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are those silver labs or is it just my imagination/eyes playing tricks on me?

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Seeing as no other breeds in the photo, I would say it is indeed a silver colored Labrador. The photo should be removed and replaced with one that represents all of our recognized retriever breeds. And only specimens that meet their breed standard.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I am outta here if that stays....

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
C'mon! Could be an rtf sponsor's strategic marketing of Silver Canoe Labs! (as registerable by the ConKennel Club).

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
It may be a Weimaraner, it may be a silver Labrador. But it is clearly worried by or afraid of the Chesapeake Bay Retriever to the right. Will it stand its ground or run away?

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
take the Grey Ghost out and put in a Golden Retriever...Yes I said it

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The banner looks like the site is about foo foo dogs, not working dogs. This site is about training retrievers to be working retrievers - the banner should reflect that.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The banner looks like the site is about foo foo dogs, not working dogs. This site is about training retrievers to be working retrievers - the banner should reflect that.
Got that right. If the one on the left is a Weimaraner, then there's no reason for it to be here. This is the RETRIEVER Training Forum. It's a silver. It needs to go. The one on the right may be a chocolate, may be a Chessie. It needs to be fixed. How about a banner that's a credit to working retrievers -- like this:

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I have a suggestion. Submit a favorite photo that would be appropriate for the RTF banner. Surely it would
not be not much of an issue to design a better banner using RTF member photos. I was somewhat surprised
by a lack of photos in the training forum. However, it only took about 30 minutes to design the following.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have a suggestion. Submit a favorite photo that would be appropriate for the RTF banner. Surely it would
not be not much of an issue to design a better banner using RTF member photos. I was somewhat surprised
by a lack of photos in the training forum. However, it only took about 30 minutes to design the following.

I especially like the one in the middle. That's my Little Guy, Meglyn's Lionheart MH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts