RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been several Eic question threads. Let me ask this one and it just be a yes or no answer. If you saw a nice litter with exceptional pedigree and pups have great HT or FT potential and the price was right. Would you buy a carrier pup?

·
Registered
875 Posts
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Great HT potential No there are enough other great HT litters out there.
Great FT potential Yes

·
Registered
352 Posts
You bet I would , no question.
Dave Hare

·
Registered
695 Posts
ABSOLUTELY. Did just that 10 months ago.

Janet

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
yes, I did-my BLF is a carrier

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Yes, I would and I have. I have two carrier bitches from FC Rock River Leica that I like very much.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No because I had to carry my yellow lab ben 4 miles back to the truck after hunting wild chukars in NW Nevada. The pain I saw him go through was horrid and unforgetable.

Thats why I own a Golden but Iam ready for a Lab again soon.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Yes, on field trial potential. We are trialers.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
YES : our gal Nola is an EIC carrier....her first litter to FC AFC Hiwood Jaguar gave us Brig (EIC clear) and his sister FC Knollwood Sweet Lily (no idea on her status)...Lily finished # 2 on the '07 Derby list.....lots of people put down their names for a pup from a repeat breeding...but when Nola was tested and found to be a carrier, we couldnt give the pups away..so for many people the answer is NO

·
Registered
289 Posts
No because I had to carry my yellow lab ben 4 miles back to the truck after hunting wild chukars in NW Nevada. The pain I saw him go through was horrid and unforgetable.

Thats why I own a Golden but Iam ready for a Lab again soon.
The OP is asking if you would buy a carrier pup; sadly it appears that your dog was not a carrier, but an affected dog. BIG DIFFERENCE

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
A female yes. a male, no....

·
Registered
38 Posts
The OP is asking if you would buy a carrier pup; sadly it appears that your dog was not a carrier, but an affected dog. BIG DIFFERENCE
Ben a carrier with N/E Genes and not E/E Genes dewclaws where sent off to minnesota by the breeders vet. If I get another lab I dont want either parents being an N/E even if the other dog is a N/N I just dont like the chances of the dog suffering ever.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Yes - I have. No regrets.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yes. And words to make the post long enough.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts