RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I will be driving from Ohio to Washington State in late Sept. Besides the obvious places to visit is there any not so popular places to see in Montana, WY, Wash or ID.?

·
Registered
87 Posts
sights to see

Bill, Make sure that your list of obvious places includes 'Mt. Rushmore' , after dark, when they turn the spotlights on the faces, and then someone will play a recording of 'The Star Spangled Banner'. Bet you will never forget it, you might even need a hankie, cause your hay fever might act up. Mine did, Mike T

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
No trip to Montana would be complete without visiting the Custer battlefield, the spookiest place I've ever been including several Civil War battlefields. Imagine being on that hill 273 strong and looking across The Little Bighorn at 5000 really angry Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho warriors.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No trip to Montana would be complete without visiting the Custer battlefield, the spookiest place I've ever been including several Civil War battlefields. Imagine being on that hill 273 strong and looking across The Little Bighorn at 5000 really angry Lakota, Northern Cheyenne, and Arapaho warriors.
Imagine seeing all that and being the guy who forgot to pack the gatling guns.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My wife and I will be driving from Ohio to Washington State in late Sept. Besides the obvious places to visit is there any not so popular places to see in Montana, WY, Wash or ID.?

Cody, WY. Lava hot springs, Idaho; on the east side of WA. is the laser show at Grand Coulee Dam; in early October is the Leavenworth Oktoberfest. On the wet side of WA are the sites that you are familiar with. :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
If you go to Wy. don't miss the obvious Yellowstone National Park. Sept is the perfect time to visit, late Sept it may snow.The ferry at night out of Seattle across the sound is one of my fravorite memories of Washington.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Lolo pass is a trip. See as much of the Lewis and Clark trail as you can. Then picture that group without the benefit of roads. If you can travel along the Columbia River. It is beautiful.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what we are looking for thanks. Keep them coming...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts