·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who sleeps with their dogs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both in the house, but never allowed on any of the furniture (although the pup is quite sneaky). Now try to move them off their beds after say 9 PM, and you may have a fight on your hands, especially the old man.
JMAC

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm guilty. He got the reign of the house as far as sleeping. The colder the weather the more my dawg will try to snuggle by my foot (Good foot warmer.) Summer, he goes to the coldest place in the house, the bathroom floor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Achiro - ya forgot the obligatory "other" option.

Generally, the dogs do not sleep in the bed. Occasionally, Boo "asks" to get up on the bed and sometimes we let him, mostly because he either gets too hot or is annoyed by my fidgeting, so he never stays long. If I am out of town, I'm pretty sure Marlin sleeps in the bed all night. I don't let Marlin on the bed because 1 - favoratism 2 - he doesn't ask, just hops up, which I find annoying 3 - he is a "licky" SOB and 4 - he seriously hogs the bed and an 80 lb dog is not comfortable lying on me (to me, anyway).

Mostly they sleep on their doggy beds on the floor. Unless they are particularly gaseous :evil: , then they sleep in their crates in the kitchen.
Tina

·
Registered
319 Posts
The older dog is having a harder time getting up these days. I turn a blind eye to his sleeping on the couch after dark.
Pups are allowed to nap on the bed till they are 4-5 mos. old.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Two dogs, both in bed with us most nights.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I have a waterbed, and if it's cold the bed may be loaded, but usually only my daughters' spoiled dog, who is here until she is someplace stable which means he's a permanent fixture, sleeps on the bed. He doesn't move around, but if they are running marks in their sleep they are evicted. My field trial dog slept with me and he had to be closest to me. I have one that will come up if a storm is about 8 hours away, and she came up last night so I bet I'll be digging out the shovel.

·
Registered
868 Posts
my wife used to let one get on the bed for a while then we got two then three. now they sleep in their kennels in the dining room.
This way also you don't get the random hair in your nose and think it is a spider. :x

·
Registered
9,615 Posts
one King size bed, Judy, Ed, and 4 Jack Russell Terriers (Snoopy, Daisy, Fred, Howdy) 8)

3 adult Labradors surround the perimeter of the bed on the floor

When I go hunting I always get a room with 2 beds, one for me and one for the Labradors

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Now that I only have 3 adult dogs, they all sleep on the bed. Lucy never really liked to sleep with the rest of the crew on the bed, as they might wake her up!! Since the whelping box is currently in my bedroom, only Briezy is sleeping with me now.

Andy

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had all intentions of my pup sleeping in his crate. I was going to let him sleep in the bed for only the frst few days until he got aquainted with his new home. here it is almost 1 month later and he is still in the bed. He sleeps from 10pm to about 6:15 am as he has done since day 1, arriving at our house. I decieded why change it up. So...l he started out sleeping on my pillow above me, then he moved to putting his head on my neck, thankfully he now either sleeps next to me or at the bottom of the bed. He truely needs to be close to me, with at least part of his body touching me.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
When I was married we had springers that we hunted pheasants with. Dogs were only allowed in the den & never on furniture. I also had a Newfoundland that my husband hated. He always said if I had to have something big & hairy why couldn't I at least get a dog that would hunt. So...

...after we divorced I bought a Golden (now have 2) & both sleep on the bed with me.

Vengence is mine sayeth the ex-wife!

:twisted:
M

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
We have a 10 month old 78 lbs BLF that we let up for a 10-15 minute snuggle in bed, then give her a "kennel" and thats where she stays for the night.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
I have 4 labs that try to sleep on a queen size bed. If Hooker cannot find a spot she will growl until someone makes room for her or she will get the others excited enough to make them think they are going outside and when they jump down she will get up.

Not too much leg room if all 4 are on the bed at the same time with me.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I spoon with the macho dawg every night. Once i'm asleep, he goes to the foot of the bed and sleeps on his back with all 4 feet stuck up in the air... Is that weird?

Shayne

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
I spoon with the macho dawg every night. Once i'm asleep, he goes to the foot of the bed and sleeps on his back with all 4 feet stuck up in the air... Is that weird?

Shayne

Yeah, spooning with macho dawg is kind of weird.....I thought that Chocolate dawg had higher standards. :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
PJohndrow said:
Shayne Mehringer said:

Shayne

Yeah, spooning with macho dawg is kind of weird.....I thought that Chocolate dawg had higher standards. :lol:
ssshhhhhh.... he doesn't know he's chocolate. He thinks he's black and i'd like to keep it that way. I hope he's not lurking today.

Shayne

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Ed Aycock said:
3 adult Labradors surround the perimeter of the bed on the floor
And where does Kweezy fit into the picture? Or, the bed?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
We have a California-King size waterbed. Plenty of room for people and dogs.

We have two that start on the bed with us, but then eventually get too hot and get down on the floor.

Our old girl waits until we get off the bed in the morning, then she lays claim to it.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts