RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at some retriever stud ads. Why would someone mention that there is no "Snake Eyes" in the pedigree? It has me curious.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Because snakes can't mark as good as retrievers? :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOM

·
Registered
111 Posts
The same reason you hear no Lean Mac in some ads. He was in a lot of Chocolate pedigrees years ago.

·
Registered
17,089 Posts
He also produced an NAFC. If I was into choco dogs, I think I would want him in my pedigree as much as possible!

·
Registered
17,089 Posts
So is, FC NAFC Gusto's Last Control.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this showing up in the chocolates only? Never heard of it displayed in any black or yellow litters out this way where Snake Eyes offspring have been bred.

·
Registered
17,089 Posts
Anyone know if pinning Dwarfism on Snake Eyes is accurate? I've always heard it was a rumor. Delma bred that dog to a bunch of different females.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I am amazed that this much has been said publicly!

We have found almost everyone is willing to talk about these subjects -- privately over the phone.

Personally, I wish we could all talk about these things publicly. They are certainly important enough.

·
Registered
708 Posts
AmiableLabs said:
Personally, I wish we could all talk about these things publicly. They are certainly important enough.
Being that I am new to the field bred lines I could not agree more. I was visiting with Pat Nolan yesterday and I said this same exact thing to him. Why is it so taboo to talk about it. I guess that in today's litigious society people are afraid of saying something for fear of legal concequences.

Thanks to some of the members here on RTF I was able to ask questions and get feedback from others.

·
Registered
50 Posts
snake eyes

Both of my dogs have Gusto's last control and Call Me Mr Independence as Grand Sire's. One is on the smaller side but a stocky 65LBS and one is a small 42 lbs soaking wet. Is there something to that?

·
Registered
110 Posts
IMHO Snake Eyes was 1000 to 3 or 4.
he produced 997 squirrel nuggets and a few Oaks.
As in even the blind Squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.
When he did he produced some big oaks.
My first lab was out of Aces High.
No Snake means good to me.
Jan

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
pistol said:
people are afraid to talk about these things because the people you are talking about and their friends might be judging you in the future. the f/t game CAN be very political!
Spoken from a guy who judges things he doesn't see. Nice addition to the thread buddy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ken Guthrie said:
pistol said:
people are afraid to talk about these things because the people you are talking about and their friends might be judging you in the future. the f/t game CAN be very political!
Spoken from a guy who judges things he doesn't see. Nice addition to the thread buddy.
Ow....did I miss something here?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
wutadog said:
Ken Guthrie said:
pistol said:
Ow....did I miss something here?
Na, really water under the bridge. My hair was just standing up on my neck. I am in my dog house now. I'll be a good dog.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts