RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running over 100 degrees her in Southern California. We're not supposed to see any relief until Saturday and then it's only going down to the mid to high 90's.

I haven't ran my dogs since Saturday, I plan on getting some water pattern drills in early tomorrow. I figure a few short swims and then back to the nice cool kennel. Thursday and Saturday will be different story.

Not complaining I know the folks on the east coast are seeing much worse, it's just the heat came on fast and hot!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It hit a high of 76 in this part of Southern California today.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rub it in Russ,

Any plans on getting your Fiesta Island training group together in the near future?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Rub it in Russ,
Any plans on getting your Fiesta Island training group together in the near future?
Florence and the dogs are up in Ronan, MT, but I would be happy to be a bird boy if anyones to come down and train after the Over the Line Tournament.http://www.ombac.org/over_the_line/

OTL takes over the Island the next two weekends and guests are asked to observe OTL's "Five B Rules." No Bottles, Babies, Bowser's (dogs), Birds, Battles (Fights) or Boa's (Constrictors).

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Russ, it was a LOT hotter than that today up my way (Santa Ysabel). Had a bunch of dogs needing T work, but it was just too hot. Will probably start late tomorrow and try to get the cooler weather in the evening.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Been 100 here all week. Was 85 this am at 9:30. Got the channel work done by 11:00, and it was 94 here before noon. Prob 105 today. Misters on in all kennels ....Typical for us t his time of year- may drop to mid 90s but thats as low as we get in teh summer... Now you know why I dont run the fall tests with my dogs usually-they dont get enough work this time of year.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I slept with all the windows open last night and around 3am I woke up to put more covers on. twas a titbitnipply!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I don't mind the heat but todays, Heat, humidity, and Lightening storms? Humidity!!!?? in CA. Definitely No time to train, time to take the dogs and head to AZ and the River, maybe 120 but... Doesn't seem that way with an umbrella drink in your hand, chilling "On the Pontoon" ;)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
AZ having monsoons so lightning ,rain,wind and humidity. Temp a little lower.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts