RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Marvin you have an exceptional memory pr you take really really great notes. Either way I enjoy reading your posts from the past.
Shoemaker told me some interesting accounts of Wolters field trial abilities. Many folks miss Paul's brother was an established pointing dog trainer for Hollywood's elite. Paul had to train his first lab as a lost bet with his brother. Made an NFC shortly after.

I'd pay anything to have Paul's Brothers scrapbook. I got to look through it a few times. It was amazing. Don't know if it survived after his estate was distributed.

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
Shoemaker told me some interesting accounts of Wolters field trial abilities. Many folks miss Paul's brother was an established pointing dog trainer for Hollywood's elite. Paul had to train his first lab as a lost bet with his brother. Made an NFC shortly after.

I'd pay anything to have Paul's Brothers scrapbook. I got to look through it a few times. It was amazing. Don't know if it survived after his estate was distributed.
When I came to the coast I made a habit of staying near the place Paul was staying.
His witticism's during beer time were priceless. If you were paying attention you could
pick up some serious training tips during those sessions.

His brother sold most of the RE in the Carnation Valley at least once.

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
Marvin you have an exceptional memory or you take really really great notes. Either way I enjoy reading your posts from the past.
Certain things really stick, others not so.
My wife of 62 years reminds me often of
things I forget or fail to notice.

Reactions: Ktyler2577

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I came to the coast I made a habit of staying near the place Paul was staying.
His witticism's during beer time were priceless. If you were paying attention you could
pick up some serious training tips during those sessions.

His brother sold most of the RE in the Carnation Valley at least once.
He had three co owners and it was sold to the state for a fair sum. There were no stipulations in the sale contract. I did public information disclosures, title search and got microfiche copies off all the documents. A lot of "lore" about that property was just that... I bowed out of the fight. Others had different ideas about it. Little to nothing left now to use the State won the final fight.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts