RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK long story short, dog had 3 molars and a premolar removed. He has been released to full exercise days ago. He can run, swim etc. I just called the vet, this is day 8 to ask when he could actually retrieve as he is going crazy. They never discussed this. Bad news for him no bumpers, tennis balls etc for a full 14 days. BUT good for him if it is a soft object he can retrieve. Of course we are also dealing with a dog with EIC and his safe zone is our inground pool.
What is soft, retrievable, and won't sink?

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not tossing a duck in the pool. It's almost perfect for human use. PLus I don't do dead birds, blood bath in the chicken coop a few years ago. He gets birds with Dad and Dad travels during the week.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but rover can swim in it :D
do we give him a bath before swiming?

All 4 Rovers live in the pool year round! NO bath before swimming but during human pool season (chemical time) all Pups get a good hose down after playing in the pool all day to get the chlorine and stuff out of their coat.
Even so the yellow does start to turn a bit green by mid summer!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
We have a dumbbell shaped toy that is soft and is made for water retrieving too. It says Hydro Sport on it & is made of cloth over some floatable foam form. Good luck finding something, I'm sure he will love his new toy!

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
1 duck won't make a diff. I'm guessin' she don't have a stack of mallards 'tween the tater tots and the totinos, like the rest of us have;-)

It goes Duck, pheasant, pigeon, pot roast... :D

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's filterin' out the stuff on the 4 dogs that have free range of the pool
1 duck won't make a diff. I'm guessin' she don't have a stack of mallards 'tween the tater tots and the totinos, like the rest of us have;-)

Well there are a few but they are frozen thus hard! Plus I can't touch them unless they are cleaned and ready to cook. That has to do with the bloodbath in the chicken coop a few years ago and with DH out of town I had to cleanup and get rid of all of our laying hens' remains that were friendly. Oh and one of the headless hens was in the pool. Whatever it was ate the heads off of them.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's what the filter is for, lol :p

Hey it could be worse. When I called the vet about retrieving and first talked to the girl at reception she thought when I said bumper that I wanted to give my dog access to a car bumper:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
How 'bout a nerf ball.... or am I dating myself and they don't make those anymore?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts