RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Were thoughtful and generous enough to make a memorial donation in his name to DU. They sent us a very nice memorial card that we've framed along with a pic of Cappy on his last hunt in 2009. Fittingly, one of his last retrieves was a Ross's goose, rare for our property ... even more so because it was banded.

Last Thursday Carol received a call from Delta Waterfowl. They too have been asked to accept a donation and provide a memorium of some sort in Cappy's name. There were several options within Delta that the money could be used and Carol selected the one dealing with youth in that organization. We have received literally 100s of posts and e-mails from all around the country, and other parts of the world. Interesting how just a plain old yellar meat dawg could accumulate so many friends and admirers over the years.

Daddy loves and misses ya big fella, please keep a spot in the blind warm for me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the Delta Waterfowl Memorial certificate honoring Cappy that we just received. There was a lot of open space within it so I asked Carol to see if she could work a couple of Cappy's pictures in, perhaps a very early one and another more recently. She didn't want to take a chance of damaging the original certificate so she made the sharpest copy she could on our scanner/printer and modified that one.

The image on the left was Cappy's very first live bird retrieve at just under ten weeks of age. The one on the right was his final sunset ... the night before he crossed the bridge. What a marvelous thirteen year journey through life our boy had. We were very proud to be part of it with him.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Jim : those are great tributes to a really good hunting dog and family companion...Thanks for sharing the memories of Cappy all these years, will always remember the pics of the B-day cakes and parties, wish I could have shared a hunt over him...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
That is a really nice tribute for Cappy! Seemed to be very much loved by many!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts