RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post here very often but I do visit the forum and have meet a few of you over the years. We have been working on a hunting TV
show that is called Sporting Dog Adventures on the Sportsman's channel. It is a Nation (USA) wide program, not sure if it is on in Canada. It is a show that is focusing on the dogs and dog work more than just shooting birds. We try to make the dogs the stars of the show.

We are a smaller production so everybody does a little bit of everything on the show. Between running camera, being on camera, editing, etc..

The show times are The show times will be Wednesdays at 3:00 a...m, Thursdays at 7:00 am, and Saturdays at 5:30 pm (EST)

If you have any suggestion on training tips whatever, please let me know. We are working on next season already.

Below is the link for the teaser for this weeks episode. This week we take some veterns out for their first every pheasant hunt.

https://vimeo.com/45842407

Paul Kartes

·
Registered
369 Posts
Paul I just recently got the OutDoor channel. I must say I love the show and so does my lab! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Paul, I will definitely look for the show 'cause I do know you gots some purty dawgs!!! :p Good luck with it.

BTW, along the lines of taking the wounded veterans on a hunt ... you may be interested in the new banner at the bottom of the RTF page called "Retrieving Freedom". Newly formed not-for-profit with an awesome mission!

Good luck with the TV show.

JS

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have seen a few episodes, great show. I like the verity of hunting between ducks and upland. Would like to see a little more on the training side. And being a veteran myself I can respect what your doing for the wounded warriors. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will take a look. Not that I don't like all kinds of hunting/outdoor shows but it's nice the see a show about dogs and hunting. Would be nice if you could do an episode about the Pudelpointer! Good luck with your show.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Paul

I don't get the Sportsman Channel because it is not carried by my cable provider, will the the whole episode be carried on Vimeo?

Ross

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I will take a look. Not that I don't like all kinds of hunting/outdoor shows but it's nice the see a show about dogs and hunting. Would be nice if you could do an episode about the Pudelpointer! Good luck with your show.
If there is anyone who will do a show on Pudelpointers, it is Paul. :p

JS

·
Registered
506 Posts
as long as you keep it real, make all of your training tips solid ideas and please don't think the public watches your show because we're so interested in you life or because you're such a good actor, you'll do well.
good luck with the show
GG

·
Registered
977 Posts
As someone who is being introduced to hunting for the first time at age 57 after getting interested in hunt tests, I have little to contribute in terms of suggestions, but I have enjoyed the show so far. Keep up with lots of training info and dog stuff, minimal references to people, LOL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The show is a lot of fun to put together and we are always looking for feedback from seasoned hunters to new hunters to folks that just love watching dogs work. Please send us comments and ideas as we are working on season 3 soon! And dont worry about Paul or myself acting......we couldnt if we tried! We are just a couple of kennel cleaners putting together a show about hunting hounds in the field!!

Feel free to pm either of us here or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody, as Jeff as stated it has been a lot of work but also a lot of fun to put together. Hunting with so many diffrent breeds has been real educational for me.

There are some pretty cool hunts coming up this season, let us know what you think. We are always trying to imrove the content. Training tips has been one of the hardest to do, making sure we don't go over some peoples heads.

·
Registered
305 Posts
This is a great show to watch it is very entertaining as well as educational for those who are new to training who are looking for a few tips to get their pup off on the right foot. Jeff Fuller also shows the importance of family and their involvement in hunting and the outdoors. Keep up the good work!!!
E. Kern

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good to know. I just set my DVR too! Can't wait- there is never enough dog stuff on the normal hunting shows. Thanks! Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts