RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SportingDog Adventures is a show that is for the dog lover. Hunts over multilple breeds across our great country. Each episode has a dedicated training tip, youth segment and focus on the dogs in the field. Check out the show website, facebook page, twitter and links on the Sportsman Channel website.

This weeks show promo is up on the website. The hunt takes us to Winnette, Montana for pheasant, hungarian patridge and sharptail grouse. The show is on Wed at 300 am, Thurs at 700 am and Saturday at 530 pm (EST).

Please check it out and let us know what ya think!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Looks good. Too bad I only have antenna TV. A Rommel son is in my avatar.

I've never hunted over a dog so I don't know whether it is normal or not but it appears to me to be unsafe to shoot while the dogs are running in front of the gun as they are at the 0:50 mark of the 2012 trailer. Maybe someone can tell me if this is normal hunting practice.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sandyg You said " I've never hunted over a dog " I am sorry. You have missed most of what life is all about, at least in my opinion. That said, It's not to late to get it done.
Been shooting over dogs all my life and have never seen one shot. Can't speak for others but one needs to be careful and hold fire when necessary and there is a chance the dog could get in the way. Same can be said for other hunters in the field. Safety first and killin second. Duckdon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts