RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vet who I have used for years sadly passed away recently and I am waiting for his replacement to get up and running in the same location. In the meantime I was gonna ask y’all if y’all could tell me what is happening with my dog’s spots he has on his chest. I tried to take some pics of them and hopefully the pics are good enough for you experts to at least give me an idea as to what these spots are. I hope these pics are good enough to give y’all an idea as to what might be wrong here. Thank you for your help in advance.

R
Dog breed Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Gesture
Hand Carnivore Felidae Gesture Ear
Dog Working animal Carnivore Whiskers Companion dog
Skin Hand Leg Comfort Gesture
Leg Tints and shades Tail Snout Whiskers
Dog breed Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Gesture
Hand Carnivore Felidae Gesture Ear
Dog Working animal Carnivore Whiskers Companion dog
Skin Hand Leg Comfort Gesture
Leg Tints and shades Tail Snout Whiskers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes he is. I’ve been giving him Benadryl when he gets itchy
[/QUO
Unfortunately Benadryl is not a great product for itchy dogs. This problem should be properly addressed/worked up by your veterinarian, potentially even a referral to a dermatologist. In general, itchiness can be attributed to: parasites, allergies, infections, or neoplasia. However each category contains multiple differentials and to further complicate matters they are not mutually exclusive. Hope you get it straightened out, itchy dogs aren’t fun for the dog or the owners.

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
I can't help you with the itch, but I can help with the photos. Get the dog outside in bright sunlight before you try to take photos. It will greatly reduce the likelihood of motion blur and increase the depth of field, giving you a much better chance of getting a few images where we can actually see the spots about which you are speaking.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Personal experience and seen other dogs with same

the test is relatively inexpensive- certainly worth talking to the vet about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts