RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY!!!! Spring has come to the southern Rockies! What a beautiful afternoon on the mesa. No snow, no mud, but alas can do nothing with all the sage brush. So instead of training we went hiking! Lets see how spring looks in your neck of the woods.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Spring for us was a classic prairie snow storm. I just stayed in the barn and FF the young ones. The older dogs just curled up in their kennels and I'm sure they don't want to come out until theweather changes. I've got news for them.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
What in other states is called spring, here we call breakup.

Pic from this morning

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
A snap of the snowdrops in the wood looking back to Blimp Towers. They grow wild up in these hills and are about finished now; the daffs and primroses are showing, so Spring has beeen sprang for a couple of weeks. What I can't show you is the quality of the air, we should bottle the stuff, it's wonderful.

And some of the other stuff that is showing up in the understory; not as prolific as the snowdrops, but very pretty....

Last Friday we drove a few miles up to the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel for a snack lunch and a glass of wine; it was just about warm enough to sit outside on the terrace from where this pic was taken. It's a shooting hotel with good kennels for guests dogs ..... link to a purple passage description of the shooting is HERE

I don't say we are lucky to live where we do because we earned it the hard way, but we are privileged.

Eug

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Carol.... that photo looks like you photoshopped in the dawgz .... great pic!

Here are some I just took yesterday at my house, I LOVE spring:
The Back Yard

A “Feather” in the flowers

Time for a Cool Down

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Nice pics everyone!!!! Yeah for spring!!!!:)

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL Danielle! It does sort of look that way with the dogs' tongues hanging down with the snow caps in the background, but they were really there. It was about 70 on the Mesa and all 3 are out of shape. My office is up there in the snowy part. I loved your photos, Eugene's too. Howard yours still has too much ice. Go find us some flowers!

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
This is one of my wife's white uh-zay-lee-uhs currently blooming in north alabama. my boy "crew" pictured

·
Registered
516 Posts
johnnie mac, you are a marketing genius. :p

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
We are VERY excited to see the wildflowers in bloom (more a function of FINALLY getting some moisture than any major change in temp)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nothing like a new born calf for lazy! For those that arent from a farm background, cows seem to "get " parenting. They are the only livestock Ive seen that will leave sleeping babies with one or two cows to watch them, even cows need to leave the babies with a babysitter and get away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is what spring looks like in South Korea. It was awesome to be a part of this, and see it in person! This is why I serve my country!

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
This is what spring looks like in South Korea. It was awesome to be a part of this, and see it in person! This is why I serve my country!
F16's have been my favorite airforce jet since they came on line. A really cool little plane!! didn't realize that there were that many of them in one place!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
2tall---- great pic!

Just snapped this one after working for two weeks-my spring vacation: pruning, spraying, hauling brush, digging, tilling, etc.... I hate spring, too much work. Garden is in, fruit trees are are good to go, vegggies in the ground etc...

Picture won't win any contests, but there is satisfaction that comes from hard work. Please notice the beautifully manicured Zins in the background--you may be drinking those someday.

Nice post, great pics---keep them coming.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Could not resist two more pics ... trained bare-foot today ;) Howard you can keep that ice ..... brrrrrrrr.....

THIS is why I moved to the “dirty south” ha ha:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts