RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a client who's dead set on getting a springer spaniel. They've asked me for some input, so Im turning to the vast array of knowledge on here (sarcasm intended).

Looking for recommendations for Springer breeders located in the Southeast. The dog will be a well trained companion dog. Thanks in advance.

Bob

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have a friend that has a young female springer that showed up at her doorstep. She isn't micro chipped and has no tags. She has had her for a while now, trying to find her owner. If that doesn't happen she will be up for adoption SOON! Let me know if you are interested.

Sorry, it's a Brittney. Oh well, I new it was some kind of spaniel.

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
It probably should be mentioned that if your friend is looking for a hunting dog, he needs to understand that the field/show split in Springers is greater than in any other breed I know of. They are 2 completely separate breeds regardless of what the AKC says and the bench bred dogs do not share the qualities that are typically described in the breed books/articles. For more info:

http://www.essft.com/fieldshow.html

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've got a client who's dead set on getting a springer spaniel. They've asked me for some input, so Im turning to the vast array of knowledge on here (sarcasm intended).

Looking for recommendations for Springer breeders located in the Southeast. The dog will be a well trained companion dog. Thanks in advance.

Bob
How about the English Springer Spaniel Club of Greater Atlanta as a good point of contact?

ESSCGA Hunt Test Info

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm partial to black & white Springers. The dog on the left is the sire to the best dog I've ever owned & I've got a pup from the same line who's showing similar promise.

If I was in the market, here's where I'd go:

http://www.fasttrackspringers.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts