Gut
What criteria do they use?

Dems dat get da phoney boid wins. :roll:

UB

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ken,

Don't sweat it. We only seed the first 20/25...Then it's random. I just hope you make it until it's your time to run....bring a gun, or a couple buddies.

Seriously.

Thanks,
JT

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
fowl hunter said:
when is dozer running?good luck
They'll run in reverse order of seed.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Justin Tackett said:
Ken,

Don't sweat it. We only seed the first 20/25...Then it's random. I just hope you make it until it's your time to run....bring a gun, or a couple buddies.

Seriously.

Thanks,
JT
I figured the low seeding was due to the handler :wink:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
This morning on VS tv showed the SRS in the flooded timber. Jack, handled by Danny Farmer, was given a line to the blind through fallen timber. Jack started slowly as though he was unsure as though questioning the sanity and lined the blind. Picked up the rubber duckies.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Justin Tackett said:
Ken,

Seriously.

Thanks,
JT
:lol: :lol:

Easy superstar..............telling contestant to brings weapons or personal protection may not be good for business............

And remember, customers are never wrong. :wink:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Note - The blind was sitting at the base of a nice igloo looking of a beaver hut with plently of willow tree wood stacked up. I'm sure that Mr. Farmer patterns on those regularly in his field training thus the edge there. :wink:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
achiro said:
Ken Guthrie said:
Dozer is seeded 78th out of 118 dogs.

:shock:

Guess he's got some proven to do.

Hope he takes the cast out of the boat regards,

Gut
What criteria do they use?
I think if your on Team Waterdog your in the top 20-25. :lol:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Ken Guthrie said:
Justin Tackett said:
Ken,

Seriously.

Thanks,
JT
:lol: :lol:

Easy superstar..............telling contestant to brings weapons or personal protection may not be good for business............

And remember, customers are never wrong. :wink:

He wanted you to bring a gun to shoot the flier.

Hey Justin do you have next years venue(s) in place yet? I gots some fluffy dogs to bring if close our I can get more time off.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hey JT, it would be nice if you held some events out of the trial season. Maybe an event up North in the summer after the Nat'l. Am and maybe another down South after the Nat'l., and before the trial season gets in full swing.

Is Jake still invited? You have not seen him run in awhile.

John

·
Registered
111 Posts
Guys I'd love to have the events where they didn't interfere with everyones schedule.

But, you have to remember all our entries go back to prize money so...we have to rely on the host venue to support us in exchange for media and local financial support through crowd and contestants dollars. This is the only way we don't lose our shirt...as our sponsors pay for TV time, not venue support.

So...we take bids every year from communities that want to hold and SRS event. If they meet the criteria... hotels, grounds, dinners etc. We look at when they want it and do our best not to bump up against the Nationals or the Grand.

Here is what is on the map for 07-08:

Reno, NV...August 07' (mid)
Martin, TN...September 07' (early)
Huntsville, AL...October 07' (late)
Louisburg, NC...March 08' (late)
Dyersburg, TN...May 08' (early)

The Crown Championship will more than likely be held in Hot Springs, AR again. There are better grounds...but we can throw together 3 series inside the infield fairly easy....and it gives the crowd a good place to watch.

We will more than likely add one more event. We are talking with Jerry at Wayne Curtis' place in Wisconsin to possibly put one up there as a last qualifier in late May.

Mtn. Top has committed to building another trailer for next years champion...so if entries are full again next year we will be looking at something around $60-65K total in a prize package to the champion.

Hope to see you there....

JT

PS. Would love to have Jake...Johnny.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Justin Tackett said:
Guys I'd love to have the events where they didn't interfere with everyones schedule.

But, you have to remember all our entries go back to prize money so...we have to rely on the host venue to support us in exchange for media and local financial support through crowd and contestants dollars. This is the only way we don't lose our shirt...as our sponsors pay for TV time, not venue support.

So...we take bids every year from communities that want to hold and SRS event. If they meet the criteria... hotels, grounds, dinners etc. We look at when they want it and do our best not to bump up against the Nationals or the Grand.

Here is what is on the map for 07-08:

Reno, NV...August 07' (mid)
Martin, TN...September 07' (early)
Huntsville, AL...October 07' (late)
Louisburg, NC...March 08' (late)
Dyersburg, TN...May 08' (early)

The Crown Championship will more than likely be held in Hot Springs, AR again. There are better grounds...but we can throw together 3 series inside the infield fairly easy....and it gives the crowd a good place to watch.

We will more than likely add one more event. We are talking with Jerry at Wayne Curtis' place in Wisconsin to possibly put one up there as a last qualifier in late May.

Mtn. Top has committed to building another trailer for next years champion...so if entries are full again next year we will be looking at something around $60-65K total in a prize package to the champion.

Hope to see you there....

JT

PS. Would love to have Jake...Johnny.
You all want the cliff note version?

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

:wink:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts