RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned this once before on the board but wanted to wait until the SRS team created thier tribute article. I've known Tellus since 98 and trained with him for years. In 02 we spent a huge amount of time training together for the MN and with Goldie in particular. Justin has captured how special Goldie was his article and I have special memories of training with her. I know many of us on here knew Tracy as well and now that they have paired up RTF has a special place for them as RTF family. Tellus is back east running Max and Lil in this weeks SRS event so lets cheer him on and keep a good thought for him and Tracy as they move on past a difficult loss.

/Paul

http://superretrieverseries.com/view.php?STORYID=314064128021384

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Paul-

What an incredible tribute. I wish I'd met Goldie, but I almost feel like I have.

I don't know Tellus, but Tracy came & visited me a couple years ago (she hadn't met Tellus yet) & we took Kate out for a pheasant hunt (planted birds) on a beautiful October day. Tracy is no slacker with a shotgun. We had a great time & went out for dinner after & to see a band & have a few beers. She's a FUN person to hang out with! She also loves her dogs & I'm sure she & Tellus must be grieving over Goldie. She sounds like a once in a lifetime dog. Big pawprints to fill.
:cry:

M

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
That JT has a way of telling it like no other. Any reader will feel like Miriam, wishing we would have had the opportunity to know and watch that animal work.

A just tribute to a deserving retriever. Cancer is truly the most ignoble of killers, experienced by far too many of us.

UB

·
Registered
987 Posts
An amazing tribute to an amazing dog -- thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Goldie

Takett, you did a hell of a job on that one!!!!

Richard

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Tellus is as good as they come and Goldie was an exceptional animal.
She will be missed by many.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts