RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a stake out or two, but i'm not sure which I should buy... Just looking for opinions on who makes the best one and most durable? Unfornately, all of the best ones I have seen have been home-made!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I personally use the Days End stake outs from Dogs Afield. I go through about 1 per year as I have a couple of large digs that would rather retrieve than watch. The swivel is prone to break.
If I had the money, these are the best I've seen....
http://www.StayK.com/

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have the LCS brand.

The swivel is a nice big handle to help get them back out.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the LCS brand and have been satisifed. They were considerably cheaper when I considered the shipping on the others. Bill

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I've use the "dome top" Prestige stakeout purchased at Farm & Fleet. I remove the wedge and use one at each end of a long chain. Four smaller chains linked off this main form a "chain gang rig". I've never had an issue with these and they work great indvidually, too. The "dome top" with a swivel prevents snagging and/or tripping. They are driven in and removed with a regular claw hammer.

I've used the same stakeouts ($5/per) for several years.

Prestige - Farm & Fleet

"The Chain Gang"

·
Registered
545 Posts
I made mine for our horses-use them when hunting on the tundra but they work great for dogs also- took 2 pcs of 1" pipe about 6" long and welded them together at about a 45degree angle- then i welded some lge nuts on end of rebar and put short length of rope on them-to tie chain to- when you pound rebar in ground through pipes you get a strong hold but you can remaove them quickly.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
stakeoutinc hands down is going to last you the longest out of any of them mentioned. The maker, Dave Lybeck, has been in the retriever game a long time and actually stands behind his product. Without a doubt, the best built and designed tie out on the market.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts