RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I posted this but I can't find out where. I'm looking for the Rules for the Master National Hunt Test. How many different test you have to pass, how many "handles" you're allowed, etc. Please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
691 Posts
You'll see in the rules that the test is typically six series (although there have been tests that ran less than that, due to size of entry or delays due to weather).

As for "how many handles you're allowed", I doubt you'll find that. It's the same as a weekend Master test, how many are you "allowed"? It depends.

Not all handles are created equal.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Here is there web site.

http://www.masternational.com/

It should answer your questions.

Pattie
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty stupid but I've been all over that site and can't find the rules/standards for the test.

You'll see in the rules that the test is typically six series (although there have been tests that ran less than that, due to size of entry or delays due to weather).

As for "how many handles you're allowed", I doubt you'll find that. It's the same as a weekend Master test, how many are you "allowed"? It depends.

Not all handles are created equal.
I agree with the "Not all handles are created equal" statement. My dog had to be handled on a water mark in the second series of a tests but he went to the location of the fall....the wind blew the bird to a different location. Then, on the third series, he didn't see a mark and had to be handled again and he still got a pass. My understanding is that, in general you're allowed one handle per test in a 3 series weekend test. So, as I understand you...again, speaking generally, you're only allowed one handle in the 6 series, MN?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Good questions SPag, they are not answered on website. Also, it looks like there were 2 nationals every yr but now it's only 1 per year. Is that correct?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I ought to worry about qualifying first...HUH? :p

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm sure it depends on what kind of handles are used. A dog can get a pass with 2 handles for the week but if one of those handles is chopped up with a few command refusals then it might not be accepted. Just like any test it is all up to the individual judges and what their standards are. If the handles are clean and crisp, you might squeak by even with 3 but not likely.

BHB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts