RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I am soon to retire from judging, what better way to go out than an all age stake with both a cold honor and a bulldog bird…….
Are you looking to retire or just hoping not to be welcomed back?😉

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Are you looking to retire or just hoping not to be welcomed back?😉
A little of both I guess……my upcoming is to fulfill a pre Covid obligation to one of my National cojudges that I had cancelled twice, this will be my first flight in over 4 years and I am not looking forward to it. For some perspective I judged my first all age stake in 1974 so it’s time for me to retire..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
For some perspective I judged my first all age stake in 1974 so it’s time for me to retire..
CONGRATS Ed!!!! You have certainly earned it.

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ed pls describe a Bullnose

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Ed pls describe a Bullnose
Ain't Ed and ain't stayed at an Alamo Inn Express, Wayne, but you've probably seen 'em on javelinas out there:

bullnose
noun

bull·nose | \ ˈbu̇l-ˈnōz \

Medical Definition of bullnose

: a necrobacillosis arising in facial wounds of swine and characterized by swelling of the face, nose, and mouth and sloughing of the tissues

Now as for a bulldog bird in retrieving trials, Aussie rules call it thusly

Two-Bird Retrieve – is when the first item of game is cast as for a Mark Retrieve, or alternatively, is cast or placed as for a Blind Find Retrieve. Upon instruction from the Judge, the dog is then sent to retrieve the item. While dog is returning to the handler, a second item of game is cast so that the dog may mark or hear its fall. The second item should land at least 20 metres from first item of game.
Hope this is helpful until a) Dr. EdA comes along, or b) you and Yates begin competing in former penal colonies...

MG

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Ain't Ed and ain't stayed at an Alamo Inn Express, Wayne, but you've probably seen 'em on javelinas out there:

bullnose
noun

bull·nose | \ ˈbu̇l-ˈnōz \

Medical Definition of bullnose

: a necrobacillosis arising in facial wounds of swine and characterized by swelling of the face, nose, and mouth and sloughing of the tissues

Now as for a bulldog bird in retrieving trials, Aussie rules call it thusly

Hope this is helpful until a) Dr. EdA comes along, or b) you and Yates begin competing in former penal colonies...

MG
I'm going to guess that it is best not to look up either one on "Urban Dictionary".

21 - 26 of 26 Posts