RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
While Washington may not be as big as Texas, you still need to be a little more specific that that.

Whereabouts will you be? East side/Spokane area? SW/Vancouver? Seattle?

Although with that avatar, did you get a new job in the Pullman area? :)

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Scott save yourself a few miles and think about Idaho...specifically the Boise area..you can still hit the Washington trials, a few of the Montana ones,and obviously the Idaho ones...it does get a little warm in the valley but it's a "dry" heat, unlike what you are used to in West Texas..between the Boise,Snake, and Payette rivers there is always some very cool water to wet the dogs down, or pay the fee and train at Jeff Webbers place

·
Registered
176 Posts
Glad to see a fellow Red Raider on the forums...if Lubbock isnt dry heat, not sure what is! Only place you can get a sandblast and a sunburn while going to get your mail.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Replied to your PM Scott

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I don’t know if they are still in business, but Ed and Genie in Kittitas, on the east side, had provisions for camping and training. Great folks!! I do miss them being in the state since 81. I hope to get back there soon and say hello....:)
BJ

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While Washington may not be as big as Texas, you still need to be a little more specific that that.

Whereabouts will you be? East side/Spokane area? SW/Vancouver? Seattle?

Although with that avatar, did you get a new job in the Pullman area? :)
No not taking on a job.......just semi retired this year and anywhere in the state would be fine......just getting the family to new places and seeing our country....I have a high school friend that lives on the West side in Duvall that I can see from time to time......great guy...but he works too much ..LOL....Thanks for any help you can offer...really appreciate it....any ideas on what Fort Lewis is like around the Seattle area?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott save yourself a few miles and think about Idaho...specifically the Boise area..you can still hit the Washington trials, a few of the Montana ones,and obviously the Idaho ones...it does get a little warm in the valley but it's a "dry" heat, unlike what you are used to in West Texas..between the Boise,Snake, and Payette rivers there is always some very cool water to wet the dogs down, or pay the fee and train at Jeff Webbers place
Yea Bon....good grief it was hotter than ...well....you know...last summer.....117 days over 105......this year only one solid week of that...but Idaho sounds like a REAL good place too.!! How do I get in touch with Jeff Webbers or any others ?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Right, especially if you're partial to the color brown and hate trees :rolleyes:

Northern Idaho is GORGEOUS. Especially the Coeur d'Alene area. Lot's to do in the area besides dog training as well.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
hmm, friend lives in Duvall and you can't find a place to train...you're gonna have a rough time trying to make it in the NW....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts