RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With summer upon us and the National Specialty quickly approaching, now is the time to get those fabulous photos of your Goldens doing what they were originally bred to do----retrieving. Then, take out an ad in the November/December 2012 issue of the Golden Retriever News----the 6th Field Theme Issue----touting your Golden's accomplishments. Go together with friends, encourage your Club, or just do it yourself, but let the Board of the GRCA know how large the field contingent really is and the clout they have!

Thank you to all who have been so very, very supportive of the past five Field Theme Issues. If you have noticed, there have been increasingly more and more field articles throughout those five years in all issues of the GRNews. That is because all of you have been so supportive in your advocacy of the Golden being bred to retrieve. The show dog community is concerned about a coup occurring!! Together we stand strong.

The deadline for an ad is October 19 (but don't wait that long) and if you contact Sylvia at [email protected] you will be amazed at the magic she can produce with a few photos and words about your Golden. The '12 Field Theme Issue has articles by Patopea, Gonia, Remien, and Kristie. Our own Bait is putting pen to paper for a Pulitzer Award quality expose of the "hunting world". You will read about FC/AFC Pardner, two Great Old Goldens from the Past, and have a taste of Old England. Included are some excellent tips from Dennis (as always!) and Al Wilson has some words of wisdom.

Join us in promoting Golden RETRIEVERS.

Glenda

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I just looked through an older issue magazine with the MNRC featured. I was impressed. It was a very nice magazine.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yeah, let's keep this going! This field theme issue keeps getting better every year. Really cool to see how inventitive people are being with their ideas for ads. Also fun to see all the great ideas and work that Sylvia and Glenda put into it. And, not just in the field issue. Every issue is full of something for everybody,....from every discipline. And, Glenda is right. The "coup" has begun. :) Plenty of Golden owners are showing the fun they have with their RETRIEVERS, doing with them what they were born to do! I really liked the "Up Close and Personal" article this month. what a great idea! Actually, the whole issue is full of great stuff.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Long time coming. I went and got my Pardner Grand Son 6 years ago in Wyoming. Great Old time Goldies. They are great hunting dogs and Companions. I will say that they make great Therapy Dogs as mine goes on his visits every week. They love his curly red fur and calm disposition. The coup is getting stronger as I show up with my field dog with every bench person saying things about him. At a workshop they saw him give me a big wave after he retrieved his flyer. I just started laughing as he is such a clown. I say it is all in the fun of watching them work. Now they are highly trainable for tricks too!! Now I got lots of compliments from the lab judges at the last Nahra test :))))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts