RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have the callbacks for the Open from today????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,442 Posts
They start on Thursdays up there???

FOM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
FOM said:
They start on Thursdays up there???

FOM
South Western is running 2 Opens, 1 on Thursday & Friday and another on Saturday & Sunday + Am, Qual & Junior (Derby) on the weekend.

Howard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
FOM said:
They start on Thursdays up there???

FOM
Lainee this club added a second Open to their FT that is why there is a Thursday start for this Open. The grounds are very nice and the water is awesome where South West Ontario runs the FT at. Typically they start both the Open and Amateur on Saturday; some clubs start the Open on Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,442 Posts
Interesting....I hope this doesn't catch on down here in the states....

FOM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,116 Posts
why

Although if it did it would sure cut down on some travel costs, with $3 dollar a gallon gas. I know it would cause the amateurs to have to take off more work, but I would think the pro's might like the idea....just thinking out loud. I do not think you would want to do it a few weekends in a row.

Thinking out loud regards,

Aaron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
FOM said:
Interesting....I hope this doesn't catch on down here in the states....

FOM
Actually, I like it. It allows me to let my pro Kevin Cheff run the Opens this week while I work and make money to pay him. I will show up on Saturday morning and run Am as well as my young dog in the Q.

Howard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,442 Posts
Re: why

Aaron Homburg said:
Although if it did it would sure cut down on some travel costs, with $3 dollar a gallon gas. I know it would cause the amateurs to have to take off more work, but I would think the pro's might like the idea....just thinking out loud. I do not think you would want to do it a few weekends in a row.

Thinking out loud regards,

Aaron
I guess I can understand (thanks for the email, you know how you are ;) ) with the locations being remote and trials few and far apart - but I would hate to see a trend like that here in the states.....

Trust me $3 a gallon in gas is cheaper than trying to get more days off work.

Also I don't think I'd want to triple stake my dog ( 2 Opens and an Am ). I can see Bullet coming unglued quickly!

FOM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,672 Posts
Howard,
Please keep us posted. I have to know how my boy Ty is doing, and oh yeah, Kevin, too.
For that matter, a full listing of results would be really nice. I've thrown a bird or two for one or two of those dawgs.
Thanks,
Becky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
33 called back to the Land Blind....I can only tell You who was not amoung them....Me.

Tough double retired triple indent in the first...longest bird right retired...415yrds...Left Retired 385yrds....Mid Go bird 185yrds. All with elements of cheat...angled dithc and road crossings...and a 50yd swim with a reentry over a Point if You wanted to do the test perfect...

Gar
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Gar,
how many were entered?
Glynn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I heard this morning that 21 are going to the water blind, unfortunately my dog Tie is not one of them, lost on the land blind after a great set of marks.

Howard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Glynn....there was 51 entered for Thursday...and I think 44 after a scratch for Saturdays.

Howard....Indeed Tie's Marks where very good. The blind they were setting Up looked very tough. Matter of fact...all of Kevin's dogs looked great for the Marks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keep us posted as to results -- weather should be good all weekend -- best of luck to everybody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Canadienne Trials

How does one go about seeing the list of entries and numbers? It's not on EE and I have not been able to find that info on the link provided a couple weeks ago on another thread inviting us all to come up to Canada to trial. I think I have some "family" in the SoWestOntario trials this week-end.

If anyone is able to add names to numbers, I'd appreciate it :D

Diane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Re: Canadienne Trials

Diane Brunelle said:
How does one go about seeing the list of entries and numbers? It's not on EE and I have not been able to find that info on the link provided a couple weeks ago on another thread inviting us all to come up to Canada to trial. I think I have some "family" in the SoWestOntario trials this week-end.

If anyone is able to add names to numbers, I'd appreciate it :D

Diane
http://www.nrcc-canada.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
OPEN RESULTS


1st--Adam Acres Muddy Creek--O/H Jerry Younglove
2nd--NFTCH Bigguns Big Chill--Dygos
3rd--Risky--Devos
4th--Dygos--not sure what dog

don't have any info on jams

Very difficult set of water marks. Only one dog did them without a handle!!

Barb
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top