RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Little Tucker is growing so fast and the more he learns the more fun we both have. So, ive been noticing a little bit of blood on the things he plays with so i have been using a woven type Remington bumper. I figured he may have started teething. I was wondering if he isnt showing signs of reacting to pain in his mouth, is are normal routine of 4 or 5 retrieves ok?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Let the dog tell you. Do not push holding and delivery while they're teething. Lots of dogs don't pay it any attention when it comes to retrieving, others do.

If you see reluctance when retrieving, back off and go for a walk, do a little obedience, and let him know he's a good puppy.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I too recently have stuck to using just an Orange and White Canvas (puppy) bumpers following Hillmann. My 5½ month old dropped a tooth out of his mouth just yesterday while chewing on a piece of an old boot.

The hole didn't bleed much. Just mixed with his slobber on the boot.

Is the progression of teething, Front to Back? His front teeth seem to have come in quick a couple weeks ago and now he's loosing the middle jaw teeth.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My pup just went through this stage. He would retrieve the canvas bumpers and tennis balls just fine but he was a little picky about the plastic bumpers. I decided to take it easy until he finished teething and then picked it back up.

Mike McArthur

1 - 4 of 4 Posts