RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am proud to share with my RTF friends that my oldest Black Lab is now Hunting Retriever Champion Ogeechee River's Spur of The Moment - Master Hunter! I have received a lot of help along the way including some great guys and gals. Keith Farmer, Mike Perry, Danny Sanders, Mike Kennedy, Wes Wilkes and Alison Causey Ward just to name a few. I was determined to handle him myself to this level and title and although it was not easy it was extremely gratifying when I earned it with my hunting buddy, and a special bonus was having my 13 year old son with me when we ran.

Thank you to the Atlanta RC for putting on a nice test on some beautiful grounds, and a big thanks to Darrel and Rita Voight for giving up their weekend to judge a full flight of dogs.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congrats Brian, as an O/H running towards that same goal, I understand your feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. Its no small feat, getting a dog to that level.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
A big congrats!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats Brian!!! That is a wonderful accomplishment. Don't ever forget the feeling.....though you may reach MH status with another dog, it never feels quite as good as your first!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, it means a lot.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
congrats!!!

pics people, you gotta post pics of the doggie!!! ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"River" is in my avatar.... not organized enough for pictures of the ribbon / dog combo yet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Way to go Bryan and River! I bet that was a happy ride home! I look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Wally

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Way to go Bryan and River! I bet that was a happy ride home! I look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Wally
Thanks, Wally. I hope to see you in Mullins next month!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Congrats Brian! Well done.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Congratualtions!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice job! Should be in Mullins as well see you then.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Congratulations to both you and River:D I was your marshal for that test and it was nice to see both you and your dog work; even nicer to see you at the ribbon ceremony! Good luck as you continue.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Huge Congratulations! ..a Hunting Retriever Champion and Master Hunter as well!!

Great picture of "River" in your Avatar..and it is a pleasure to read of your appreciation for your retriever...and those that helped you both along the way.

Your son will remember not only the day of accomplishment, but your great attitude as well.. His Dad is an example to follow for sure..

Well Done..

Judy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts