RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog became seriously ill Friday evening. We are camped out in the Nat'l Forest, 40 miles from the nearest town with no cell service and sketchy Internet. In a panic we packed up the dog and headed for town Sat morning, just hoping we could find an open vets office. I had made a post on Facebook about what was happening and Laura Nordberg made the great suggestion to look at the FT premium for the trial up here and see who the listed vet was! In my worry and panic I never thought of that. By the time we got to town I had read the premium, called the vet and they were waiting for us when we walked in! So folks don't forget this when you need it. And thanks to Laura and Bear Creek Animal Clinic, Indy should be much better in a couple of weeks of antibiotics!

·
Registered
680 Posts
What happened to Indy Carol?

Glad to read he'll be ok.

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happened to Indy Carol?

Glad to read he'll be ok.
In short, he busted open a hidden anscess in his mouth and the infection went wild. Thank God for Laura and Bear Creek Animal Clinic in Evanston! Never would have known it was there until he scuffled with Scout!

·
Registered
46 Posts
In short, he busted open a hidden anscess in his mouth and the infection went wild. Thank God for Laura and Bear Creek Animal Clinic in Evanston! Never would have known it was there until he scuffled with Scout!
Was this Bear River vet in Evanston wy?

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! It was. They were wonderful. We go back Thurs for a follow up and consult about what we need to do for the bad teeth.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes! It was. They were wonderful. We go back Thurs for a follow up and consult about what we need to do for the bad teeth.
They are great I live here in Evanston and won't take my dogs anywhere else! If you need anything while you're in town let me know, place to board, places to train, bird boy, just let me know

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, what a small freakin world! I hope your pup is better. Thanks for the offers. Any chance for a set up for my young dog on Thursday? Im afraid Indy is not going to make the trial and we have to go home right after.

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish we could Kevin! We are camped out in the boonies right now and will only be going to Evanston for the one day for Indy's vet appt. Hopefully, by the 29th we will be on our way home. Meanwhile, I only get to check in every couple of days as I have to drive to the Ranger Station for connectivity. Sounds like fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts