·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like no Triple Crown, I'll Have Another just scratched due to injury

·
Registered
792 Posts
saw that on DP show. pretty coincidental with the new security policy the track implemented. and the drug tests leading up to the race. the belmont officials were quoted as saying this horse will be tested harder and more stricter than ever.

also coincidental that the trainer will be serving a ban starting next month for doping horses

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the horse is being retired to stud, with the possible millions at stake, it was the right call to not race the horse after being diagnosed with tendonitis in the foreleg

Enjoy your retirement..you gave us quite a thrill in the Derby and the Preakness ..you showed a ton of heart

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
This sucks to hear.... he was my pick for tomorrow. With his late speed, I really thought he could go the distance and give us a Triple Crown winner...Good thing I didnt put$$ on him.... I"ll have to review the others.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I like what i see in Paynter too... dullahan, not sure yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You clearly don't understand horse racing! This horse has all ready been run throughout every test possible. This trainer did the best thing for the horse, this horse could have ran and been fine and then a year down the road shown signs of a bad injury and been put down! Instead he pulled the plug early, putting the horse's health first!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
He has already beat the best of his year class.
I love Dullahan pedigree but look at the first two jewels. Show me a horse that was even staying with him at the wire stride for stride. I just talking keeping up??? They were all being left in the dust and he was still gearing up ;) he had plenty of gas left for the big track.

How do you honestly think he would get beat???
Watch the footage and get real.

I've also been around the tracks( thbd and stdbrd) all my life and if you honestly think that there's a trainer out there that doesnt have a cocktail of some sort for their horses you have blinders on also.

This colt was a skinny little colt that was bought for a mere $35,000. He has already won a few races that he would have been tested due to winning. So to say he scratched due to new testing protocol is a dream

We will never know now but I give the owners and trainer credit to put his health first.

Roll the dice for the triple and risk being put down, or retire to stud to make millions....
Easy choice for me....

Next year it's the little girls turn. Both Dullahan and I'll have another have half sisters sired by tapit that may run against one another ;)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I agree.
I dont know about Dullahan only because I've not researched the horse. I'm 'into' Horseracing but not into so much that I follow everything . I wish I had the time . I commend I'll Have Another's trainer for pulling him. not worth it in the long run. Anxious to watch those young girls next year!

·
Registered
792 Posts
your wrong about i'll have anothers stride. dullahan had the fastest back stretch of all horses in the derby. even i'll have another. he was just too far back to make up the ground. check the times after the turn see if im wrong.

i will agree that my comments about testing were a little too early. there was nothing written at that time just the trainers interview on DP show. now that they've released the facts i'll agree it was the best choice.

now everyone will classify him as the triple crown winner that never got to prove it. this horse would of been lucky to get 5th. the belmont has and always will be a monster. there wont be another triple crown winner with the advances in training and cocktails

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
he was never going to win even if he was at 100%. Dullahan and Paynter exacta box
And you knew this how?!?!?!
I need to take you to the track with me.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Except that he didnt have Union Rags in that picture.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's my point he was so far behind. Even the extra distance he would not have caught I'll have another. In the Preakness he was still accelerating at the wire and appeared to have no shortage of gas.

Dullahan is a half sibling to mine that bird ( derby winner and 2nd Preakness to Raechel Alexander). As ive said I love his blood. However he lacks the killer instinct to run down those in front of him or tfe desire to be in front. It appears he needs to be urged to the front. With the right ride he may have had a chance to get it ;)

Congrats union rags ;)

·
Registered
792 Posts
made 36.40 on $20 bets. $2 WP (made 5.20 on place) on Paynter and $2 PS on Dullahan and 3 horse exacta box ($12) with paynter, dullahan and union rags (made 31.20)

dullahan seemed to not like the loose dirt and just didnt bring it today. i still feel firmly i'll have another wouldnt have won. there is a reason there hasnt been a triple crown winner in so long. just impossible to ask that of a horse in 5 weeks time. if there were lesser horses in the field then yes but modern training will not allow that too happen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts