RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, i'm turning to the best forum out there... what are you all feeding your dogs? I have fed Canidae, and had great success. Then I met Steve Ries from Native Dog Food and have had great success in my dogs. Native also sponsored our hunt test company and I would recommend them to anyone. Any other Native feeders out there? which food do you like best?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I feed Canidae ALS for the last five years and love it. Never had an issue and they have a great breeder program.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I feed Purina Pro Plan, cant see any reason to switch, the dogs are conditioned well, even my bitch with 11 pups was well conditioned, my vet comments that my pups are very solid, the best condition pups he sees.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Native for my 2 labs. Been using it about a year and a half. Shiny coats, full of energy, and minimal cleanup. Use Level 3.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Table scraps;-) Not true, kidding. But there have been many posts here about dog food.

I am currently using Nutra Nuggets. Decent food, perhaps not the best, but easy. 27 bucks from Costco, and most feed stores carry it so I don't have to switch food on the road.

All five dogs tell me they like it. :)

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
I feed Purina Pro Plan, cant see any reason to switch, the dogs are conditioned well, even my bitch with 11 pups was well conditioned, my vet comments that my pups are very solid, the best condition pups he sees.
x2
it is what I feed, and I just had Loco at the vet for shots and a cheap feel:rolleyes: and my vet said the same. He goes, "This is the part of the visit I try to sell you some science diet, but there is no room for improvement with your dog"

·
Registered
592 Posts
I appreciate all of your feedback. Native really has been good for the dogs, great coats, energy, healthy weight and of course ENERGY. If anyone is having issues with food, consider the Native brand!
Sounds like an ad for Native!!!!!!! Not cool!!!!!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
search on dog food....this topic comes up regularly

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I've had very good luck with Native

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
x2
it is what I feed, and I just had Loco at the vet for shots and a cheap feel:rolleyes: and my vet said the same. He goes, "This is the part of the visit I try to sell you some science diet, but there is no room for improvement with your dog"

Science Diet :roll:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I know Science Diet does a lot of work with Vets in helping though med school. My vet also has a huge stack of it in his office. When I search on line about quality dog foods, Science Diet is frequently very low rated. It is mostly corn.

·
Registered
608 Posts
my vet sells it, I don't know why. Big stacks of it in the office vestibule. I think many Vets sell it. But I have never used it.

I use Science Diet for my beagle and Dorkie. Its the 'Little Bites Light' food (I call it FLD food aka fat little dog food). Its the only fat dog food I could find that the beagle would eat without instantly gaining 10lbs. She loves the taste, and I love that it keeps the weight off! I swear that little dog could live off air and water and STILL gain weight! No cookies, no table food, no anything accept her Cup and 1/4 of 'FLD' Food once a day. Poor thing.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to feed footballs with legs I'll gladly listen!

My Labrador eats 6 cups of Pro Plan Performance daily. I have to top dress it with wet food (about a 1/2 cup) or he won't eat.
My Boxer eats it also, he gets about 4 cups daily too but dry and he loves it.
Both these dogs are very active and very lean.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts