RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The en dash can be typed on an enhanced keyboard as Alt + 0151—that is, hold down the "alternate" key and type, using the numerical pad on the right side of the keyboard—the numbers 0151. The en dash can be typed as Alt + 0150.

The em dash is the mark of punctuation most of us think of when we hear the term "dash" in regard to a sentence. It is significantly longer than the hyphen (—), the en dash means, quite simply, "through." We use it most commonly to indicate inclusive dates and numbers (–) .

As you can see they are both different than the dash/hyphen (-)

Remember, though, that when using the hyphen, the en dash, or the em dash, you should put no space either before or after them. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
Another slow day, John?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,545 Posts
I'm thinking the TV antenna fell off the doublewide again.

More duct tape regards

Bubba
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,387 Posts
WTF!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


And Ya'll give ME a bad time!! Looks to Me's as though one of yer own has fallen off the saw horse!


WOW!!!

---------- Regards

Gooser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,560 Posts
Thank You John, I did not know that keyboard shortcut. I have always had to click Insert, and then click Symbol then chose the size dash I wanted and insert it. Is there a keyboard shortcut for that little squiggle line that goes over some vowels in some French words?
Ken—Bora Ken–Bora Ken-Bora
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,387 Posts
CRUD!!!

BORA knows whats yer talkin bout???


Now I really feels bad

Enyea regards


Gooser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,560 Posts
MooseGooser said:
CRUD!!!
BORA knows whats yer talkin bout???
Now I really feels bad
Enyea regards
Gooser
Hey Gooser, before I opened this thread I thought it was going to be about Marshall Mathers running down 8 mile road. But I like shortcuts 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ken Bora said:
Thank You John, I did not know that keyboard shortcut. I have always had to click Insert, and then click Symbol then chose the size dash I wanted and insert it. Is there a keyboard shortcut for that little squiggle line that goes over some vowels in some French words?
Ken—Bora Ken–Bora Ken-Bora
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html

Do you mean ç or Ç, or à Alt.+0224—and so on—è 0232, ì 0236, ò 0242, ù 0249

john
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,387 Posts
HUH?????

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :?

Maybe I've breathed to many fumes today!

Gooser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,560 Posts
john fallon said:
Ken Bora said:
Thank You John, I did not know that keyboard shortcut. I have always had to click Insert, and then click Symbol then chose the size dash I wanted and insert it. Is there a keyboard shortcut for that little squiggle line that goes over some vowels in some French words?
Ken—Bora Ken–Bora Ken-Bora
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html
That is so cool John!!!!! Now with ease I can type my dogs name
WR Beartown Shegaté. I am a saving that site for sure.
Ken Bora
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top