RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over a year ago, the server that was hosting my Website decided to eliminate Microsoft FrontPage Extensions. This meant I could not edit. For almost nine years, I had been making daily entries and creating pages to "record the journey". Through the "good, bad and ugly" everything was kept open. Fortunately, I've had some talented dogs that allowed me to learn along the way (or not).

I'd have to say the first month (or two) of not making entries was frustrating. For awhile, the next stage was trying to figure out a way to bring it back to the Internet. Finally, I confronted a question and the realization....."You Know what? It's not all that bad." :)

So nothing "official" was done for over a year. However, I did keep a few records in a makeshift Word prgram.....when I felt like it.

Early this year, motivation returned. I knew the orginal format was not all that precise because tables seemed to be "out of whack" sometimes with newer and different browsers plus progress brought on higher resolution. These didn't help the original page designs. The job appeared to be monumental, but I'm retired, almost 72 years old and need a way to keep my brain "functioning". It's kind of like "preventive maintenance".

Therefore, I selected another server and with the help of my daughter (the computer whiz), I plunged into the job of revising the entire Website. There were many corrections to be made and the learning curve was steep (at first). The last week or so, the process become more clear and revisions are "happening".

It's not perfect, but I'm getting closer. I just needed to learn the newer "lingo" and tools. On a side note, the weather has exploded into "hot" which means training will be a priority every day now (almost). "Oh goody", more training photos. ;)

"The New" KwickLabs (link)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
i like the new site. Mostly because I loved the old site. So much good info there. And thanks for remaking so we can have more stories to read.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have referred folks to your site many times, there's a ton of great info there. Thank you for sharing with us all.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks for the updated site and continuing to post on your website. I really enjoy and admire your work and documentation. A very comprehensive and informative site.

·
Registered
210 Posts
First time on the site and is now bookmarked in my favorites! Nice job!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts