• Bank Runner/Cheater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gives Whistle/Cast Refusals

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I despise whiners more, but I voted for creeping since it could result in a dead dog in a hunting situation. To me, the ultimate test is hunting day...and believe me, I'll bet we've all been in one too many blind with a vocal dog or a creeper that ruined the enjoyment of that particular hunt.... :roll: :cry: :twisted:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmm, couldn't squeeze "Ugly" in so I'll have to go with "No Whiners"!
Peake - Ugly 'peakes clash with the matching camo :lol:
When your on the "fence" you know the judges really ask, "Does his camo match?" :lol: LOL, I kill me OK OK :roll:
________
GAY ASIAN

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
If these behaviors were to show up on test day, I would hope my dog would have the common courtesy to misbehave in silence.

Andy

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
As I have posted in the past, I have a Tank dog that was washed out because of whining. Not while sitting on the line and marking, but after being sent. To most trainers this is the hardest fault to correct because the dog will not be able to interpret the correction properly. Was he nicked for leaving to fast? Wrong line? Going too slow? Just what does the dog think the correction was for?

The only way I was able to stop this from happening, was to teach him primary selection. When he wasn't sent immediately for the LBD, and had to re-focus on another mark, his whining stopped.

While this doesn't amount to much of a markdown in a hunt test, it's hard to say where it will manifest itself as time goes on and the dog is allowed any type of vocalization. All noisyness in a hunting dog needs to be stopped as soon as possible, or it just gets worse, to the point of the dog becoming useless.

That's why I think that fault is the worst of the group, Peake. It's the most difficult to correct.

UB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts