RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around March, we're all a tad desperate up here in the Northland. We've drunk enough beer and stared at enough of the white stuff for the past 5 months that we'll find just about anything entertaining.

A new fundraiser for the local animal shelter this year was a beer/wine tasting event last weekend at a BBQ shack on one of the lakes. Besides the beer, wine (a nod to those more civilized than the beer swillers) and BBQ (tough nuts if you're vegan or vegetarian), one of the highlights was a snowmobile race. Wilber the Pig, mascot for the BBQ shack, vs The Beaver (I'm sure he had a name, I don't remember what it was, there was alot of beer to sample), fronted for one of the other sponsors. Bets were taken on the race and proceeds went to the shelter. This is what people find to do in the far north where spring, summer and fall encompass 6 months of the year, winter the other half.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I agree with Nancy, looks perfectly normal to me! lol The last couple years the town just down the road does the "Nemo 500" It is outhouse races down the hill in the snow. Money goes to charity.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Now that's one big beaver.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Looks pretty normal. Now if only it were a good BBQ place that was sponsoring the pig...

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts