RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all must have done it too......said something to the pups and then laughed becasue there just isnt another situation that you would EVER say those things....

Just tonight when moving the pups to clean the whelping box I said "look bud, you can take the top nipple for a while.....its not like you're starving"

Share em if ya got em :D

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
From a little bit different angle, I would like to know what my dog thinks sometimes when I am having a conversation with him. I would hope it would be something like "Man I like your voice" or at least "Is there a command in there anywhere?" But I suspect it would mostly be like the teacher on Charlie Brown - "wa waaa wa waaa wa waaa waaa waaa."

Of course this is all hypothetical, as I would never be crazy enough to try to have a conversation with my dog. :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
From a little bit different angle, I would like to know what my dog thinks sometimes when I am having a conversation with him. I would hope it would be something like "Man I like your voice" or at least "Is there a command in there anywhere?" But I suspect it would mostly be like the teacher on Charlie Brown - "wa waaa wa waaa wa waaa waaa waaa."

Of course this is all hypothetical, as I would never be crazy enough to try to have a conversation with my dog. :D
You have never had a conversation with your dog?

It is quite fun. You never have to worry about them talking back to you, or pointing out something you did wrong 2 years ago......

The only problem I have whenever I try to have a conversation with my dog, is that he always seems to pick that exact time to decide that he has to leave my side and go pee on something. What does that tell you??????

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
"Nice Hold on that bird!!"

"That's it, Dead, Good... BACK!!"

I can't imagine saying that to anyone other than a dog!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Yeah bud, if I could do that, I'd of never got married.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
What part of "Here, Hold, Fetch, Drop, or No" don't you understand?

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
I like to yell at them "You'll go blind!" when they are licking themselves...that normally gets them to stop and if not I'll add in "And deaf too, apparently!"

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Get your happy A$$ in hear.

Certainly wouldn't say that to my wife.
True story. About three months ago, the wife and I came home from church. I let my boy out of his crate to pee and move around a little, as we all do. I brought him to the door and sat him in preparation for letting him walk in the door. For some reason my wife was still outside and came walking up right at that moment. Without hesitating, I turned to her and said "kennel."

·
Registered
158 Posts
"What a Girl ", followed by if you keep wagging that tail your going to go in a circle ( water retrieve )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts