RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at Barnes and Nobel, I picked up a magazine from the UK. You know, the kind filled with photos of tweed wearing folks, fine shotguns, driven pheasants shoots, spaniels and well trained labradors?

Well, I saw an advertisement for these really cool looking retrieving dummies. Has anyone tried them?

Here's a link to the UK website:
Ordering the gizmos

With more than the occasional question on RTF asking for a solution for a dog who incorrectly holds a bumper, could this be the answer? Here are some testimonials:
Testimonials

I just think the things are cool looking. If they popped up in a local store, I may consider a purchase. Has anyone tried them or seen them in the US?

Oh...sorry for fool'n you on the subject line. I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lol this wasn't what I was expecting to read.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
They look like old nerf footballs with new nylon covers!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It's like you bred a bumper with a tennis ball. Slater is gonna freak out.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Teething puppies come to mind.

I agree ,,it seems it would teach dog how to hold shape of a bird..

How much is 10 ~ 12 POUNDS in pennies??

MICHAELBAKER

·
Registered
2,089 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
You mean to tell me that hunting is still allowed in the UK? ;)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Why? My source says 1.00 USD ≈ 0.617631 GBP.

Jim
So,,,,

I did the LONG Division on paper.

It took me four sheets.

1.00 Divided by .617 = 1.62

So,, it takes 1 a our dollars PLUS sixty two cents to make up one a the Limey pounds??

Then I took 10.0 pounds and multiplied that out on Paper,,, got it wrong twice,,, and came up with $16.20 dollars.. (16 dollars and twenty cents,, fer you guys in Arkansas)

Then I took 12 pounds and mutiplicated that by 1.62,, and came up with
19.44 dollars!! (19 dollars and fourty four cents :):))

Thats fer 1???????

I think them things is cool,, but a bird is less money!!!

But I do like em!!!

I just dont have Eds Money!!:razz:

MICHAELBAKER

P.S.
All this mathmaticalgramiculararity took me a long time to figger..

How come this WORLD economy donts get on board with DOLLARS instead of rupels???

I gotta head ache!!

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
So,,,

If I but 2 dozen a then things for pile work,,, It'll cost me 450.00 DOLLARS?????

IS THAT CORRECT????

WOW!!!

MICHAELBAKER

Wait how many items ina dozen?? Or is it a Quart???

MICHAELBAKER

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wait how many items ina dozen?? Or is it a Quart???

MICHAELBAKER
My Scottish friend at at work mentions pints all the time. He spent a lot of time in England. I reckon from his fond stories about poobs (that's the way he pronounces "pubs"), most things in the UK are measured in liquid units. So, you may be correct with quarts.

Glad you liked the article Brian! I liked Jim Spencer's article about it, too.

Jen

That was you? Seriously? That is sooo cool! Look at me...a brush with greatness!

I haven't read Mr. Spencer's article yet. I will. I love stories about the british way of doing things. Years ago, I spent an afternoon with Ken Roebuck (I bought a springer from him) and learned a thing or two about the the differences between english and american breeding philosophy. Looking back, I still smile when I can recall the way he expressed his disbelief that as to why anyone would force train a retriever to retrieve. He had a dry wit about him that were like time-bombs. I didn't get some of his witticisms until hours after I got off the phone.

Can you answer a nagging question??? I see springers and labs in those fancy-smancy british shooting magazines. I seldom (if at all) see Goldens. Why is that?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, I saw one the other day - they come in different sizes and the dog can only hold them in the middle. My worry is that the dog might try and chew them but we tried with two 6 month old pups and they worked just fine.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts