·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Yes she is very thorough and very accessable

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do her results differ from what you would get thru your regular vet and lab they might use?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Yes and her analysis and comments were excellent and thorough. I don't know about the comparison. I've never done both at the same time. I switched to her for two reasons. She has done some work on low thyroid in labs. She says they normally run low normal. That the range used by the regular labs doesn't account for this, so they may come back low and really just be in the normal range. The second reason was the two main labs, Antech and IDEXX use slightly different numbers...so which is right? I don't know....so my vet and I decided to use her since she spends most of her time in this area.

Worked so far...not too inconvenient or costly and you get a really good write up with it, not just results.

I'd do it again if I had a concern.

Sue Puff

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Yes and her analysis and comments were excellent and thorough. I don't know about the comparison. I've never done both at the same time. I switched to her for two reasons. She has done some work on low thyroid in labs. She says they normally run low normal. That the range used by the regular labs doesn't account for this, so they may come back low and really just be in the normal range. The second reason was the two main labs, Antech and IDEXX use slightly different numbers...so which is right? I don't know....so my vet and I decided to use her since she spends most of her time in this area.

Worked so far...not too inconvenient or costly and you get a really good write up with it, not just results.

I'd do it again if I had a concern.

Sue Puff
There is debate about low normal. Other vets say that a low normal is actually a low for a lab. All I can say is that my vet at the time treated a low normal as low for a lab ( she had labs) and that has been successful. I switched vets several years ago for other reasons (she retired). New vet, very well respected reduced the dosage against my will, bad thing. Anyway we are back to low normal is low for a lab and he is doing great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts