RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your club give smaller size TITLE ribbons at your hunt test?

One club I belong to does award small (about 2x8") white TITLE ribbons when a dog gets a title at the hunt test. They are flat ribbons, no rosettes. They can be attached to the orange hunt test ribbon.

These TITLE ribbons were bought so long ago nobody remembers where they were purchased and when.

Another club I belong to wants to know where to get TITLE ribbons and how much they cost.

Anyone have answers?

Thanks,
Helen

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
We give huge title ribbons... Very important here in TX.

When I lived up north they'd just started giving little tab ribbons to attach to the rosette like you describe.

We buy generic orange ribbons and add the stake name as a tab to the side. It keeps us from running out of ribbons for the different stakes. They come in packs of 100 and are relatively inexpensive. I don't remember the cost right of the top of my head.

Angie

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think that the SOWEGA HRC in Albany, GA gave them out at last Fall's hunt test. You might contact them. If it was not them, then it was the Old South HRC.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've never even been to a HT, but Im running two dogs this summer and I think that'd be an awesome touch to throw in there.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You can get title tabs from any ribbon/badge company. Our club uses Hodges Ribbon and Badge Company.

·
Registered
621 Posts
FCRC uses same size ribbon but of different color and states title pass on it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
We use Goose bands, something we just started recently. I prefer that over a ribbon. Different colors for the different levels. It's very cool.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I would really like title pin that could be fastened to the ribbon or put on my hunting cap. There used to be a company that made AKC title pins, anyone know if they are still around?

·
Registered
952 Posts
HRC has title pins for sale.

·
Registered
923 Posts
My favorite is a different color title ribbon with duck bands for the pass ribbons. Nothing says you have to have a plain ole orange ribbon except for passes.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Last spring the Ohio Valley Retriever Club started giving out Title Sashes. Below is a picture of Gus with his Junior Title Sash from last April. If things go right he will get a Master Title sash this year.;-)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Joe I was planning on adding one of those sashes to these but will be judging down in MS.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Looks good Otey. Have fun in MS.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
We also give goose bands for passes and a different color for title. We think they are pretty cool. I will try to remember to post a pic this weekend.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I have a contact for you Helen. Tried a PM for you but your box is full.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Madison Retriever club gives out a two color (green side ribbons and Orange center ribbon and double rosette) for passes and small (5" ribbons, 3 streamer with rosette) in a matching green for dogs earning their titles. The title ribbons have the word "Title" on the center streamer. They come with a string that fits between the double rosette, so they can be displayed as a single ribbon. People really like them and they only cost about $2.50 each.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Norcal GRC has two choices - a flat blue ribbon that says title (we actually might be out of those).

The main choice we offer is a GOLD Bird band instead of the silver colored. It is the same size that goes with the level the title is for and adds the word 'Title' to it.

Years ago, I got one of those gold/brass bbands from a club down in L.A. and thought it was pretty 'cool', so I suggested our club do the same thing.

(But then there were a few people that wanted to post their rosettes with a 'title' ribbon next to it, so we got those. (and I think they are now 'gone'.)

Debbie Tandoc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Our club just got our “Title Bands” in the mail last week. I thought they were pretty cheap (although not as cheap as a small title ribbon). Green Metal goose band with 4 lines of writing.
Has our club name, HRC Spring Hunt Test, Title Pass, and then either Started, Seasoned or Finished.
They were $25 per 100 (with 100 being the minimum order) so that should last our club years. I like throwing them on a lanyard for training as a memory of the HT and the title pass for the dog that was run. I know there is a handful of HRC and AKC clubs doing the same thing for HT titles in MN and WI.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts