RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can feel myself getting sucked in deeper and deeper. Had to get a truck since my subaru got high-centered out training my dog. (Terrain is tough out here.) Got truck. Got personalized plates (LABZWGN... cute, huh?). Now I'm looking at the antique, old, primitive, uninsulated Deerskin boxes sitting in the bed of my nice new Tacoma. Just doesn't seem right, somehow.

What would a two hole insulated slide in run me? Does anyone west of Texas fabricate the things?

(I may have to save up a while... IRS wanted 13K extra this year. So much for working hard and getting ahead.)

·
Registered
234 Posts
congrats Comrade !

Prez Obama say you should buys the poor and lazy some potato chips instead. "Just spread it around a little"

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It makes retirement look better all the time, but I would have no health care if I did it now.

BE THAT AS IT MAY...even though I must work, I can still tote some dogs around. I am not sure of the etiquette on these things, and I'm not looking to find out about the best brands unless someone wants to send me a PM.

Mainly want the price range: Don't want extra storage. But insulation and maybe a fan in each box would be good. Are there other features I should look for?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Don't retire yet...

Talk to Ainley.

If you don't want storage it'll be cheaper. If you want fans it'll be more.

They will make whatever you want and have the experience to tell you what you need. They can ship a slide in motor freight.

You can get basic, or more if you want it.

Then you can retire.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nothing against Ainley, but I'd give Deerskin a call also.

Jennifer is easy to deal with and will be happy to give you a quote on whatever style you want.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Check classified 2 holes very frequent

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I save up and finally get new ones, is there any market for my old ones? They are old (late 80's) and basic (not insulated). Fit any pickup bed. Aluminum. Deerskin made.

I was living in the Dallas area at the time and drove to their place to pick them up. I remember them as being very nice folks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts