RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on a facebook post tonight.

Top 5 Professional Kennels - Derby (Nationwide)

Midway Retrievers - 24 pts
Utopia Reteievers - 18 pts
High Sport Retrievers - 15 pts
Sandhill Kennel - 12 pts
Tremblin Earth Kennels - 11 pts

All are top notch outfits.
I have a Shaq pup with Tremblin Earth (Shaq's Fat Bottom Girl) call name Jenny (Lopez) that is showing some real promise for an 8 mo old. I had her thru FF and she was a real good long range marker as a 7 mo old so off she went.
Hoping for Derby list next year. There you go Keith. Pressure is on now. LOL
MP

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
What about points per entry?
That would be cool too. I still think Tim would be in top 5.
Mark Madore just started running his string of young dogs and Clint Avant is starting to run more and I see the FC **** x FC little dipper Darby pups are breaking out with Hillman running a couple so like I said I see these # changing. And there are alot of good trainers not on that list but congrats to all those on it now and throughout the year

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Saw this on a facebook post tonight.

Top 5 Professional Kennels - Derby (Nationwide)

Midway Retrievers - 24 pts
Utopia Reteievers - 18 pts
High Sport Retrievers - 15 pts
Sandhill Kennel - 12 pts
Tremblin Earth Kennels - 11 pts

All are top notch outfits.
I have a Shaq pup with Tremblin Earth (Shaq's Fat Bottom Girl) call name Jenny (Lopez) that is showing some real promise for an 8 mo old. I had her thru FF and she was a real good long range marker as a 7 mo old so off she went.
Hoping for Derby list next year. There you go Keith. Pressure is on now. LOL
MP
I would be interested to know who compiled the list. Very weird that Truline is not on there seeing as in the last 8 weeks they have gotten three firsts and other placements with just one dog. That doesn't include the other dogs that Amie/John are running in the derby.

WRL

·
Registered
255 Posts
Midway Retrievers is Tim Milligan. He has done very well this year. The standings will change based on total trials and as dogs age out. I believe he was # 6 last year. Notwithstanding he is a very good trainer and a heck of a great guy. Has success in not only the Derby but Quals and Open as well. Good truck load of dogs. Mine will run later in the year so keep your fingers crossed.

Linas

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
from Retriever results

Top 5 All-Age Dogs
FC-AFC Land Ahoy - 14.0 pts
FC-AFC Go Margo - 13.0 pts
FC-AFC Carbons Blue Pursuit - 11.0 pts
FC-AFC Great Bunns of Fire - 10.5 pts
FC Rockliffs Justdoit - 10.0 pts

Top 5 Open Dogs
Tru's Little Cruiser - 8.5 pts
Valtor's Hayseed Kid - 8.0 pts
Yankee Fork Yancy - 8.0 pts
FC-AFC Land Ahoy - 8.0 pts
FC Millforge on a Roll - 6.5 pts

Top 5 Amateur Dogs
FC-AFC Carbons Blue Pursuit - 11.0 pts
AFC Rocklfifs Justdoit - 10.0 pts
FC-AFC-CFC-CAFC Runnin's Molly B - 8.5 pts
AFC Rockytop's Give Up the Funk - 8.0 pts
FC-AFC Go Margo - 8.0 pts

Top 5 Amateur Stake Handlers
Chad Costa - 14.5 pts
Missy Bell - 11.0 pts
Paul Foster, MD - 10.0 pts
Mickey Rawlins - 8.5 pts
Mel Milton - 8.0 pts
David Didier - 8.0 pts

Top 5 Open Stake Handlers
Danny Farmer - 17.5 pts
Don Remien - 14.5 pts
Bill Eckett - 12.0 pts
Eric Fangsrud - 10.5 pts
Bill Sargenti - 10.0 pts

Top 5 Professional Kennels - Open
Vinwood Kennels - 17.5 pts
Rising Sun Retrievers - 14.5 pts
Blackwater Retrievers - 12.0 pts
Mission Mountain Retrievers - 10.5 pts
Sargenti Retrievers - 10.0 pts

Top 5 Professional Kennels - Derby
Midway Retrievers - 24.0 pts
Utopia Retriever Kennel - 18.0 pts
High Spirit Retrievers 15.0 pts
Sandhill Kennel - 12.0 pts
Tremblin Earth Kennels - 11.0 pts

Please note: Statistics are year to date. Competition begins earlier in some parts of the country and runs longer in others. Full year comparisons are available on the Retriever Results web site.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Kind of early in the year to be drawing too many conclusions, isn't it? Some of the top folks have only run one or two trials this year.

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Well if you go to EE and just look at the CA trials from 1/1/2012 to now, I have Truline with 20 derby pts. That's just from the results from the last two months.

Something seems amiss.

WRL

·
Registered
932 Posts
Well if you go to EE and just look at the CA trials from 1/1/2012 to now, I have Truline with 20 derby pts. That's just from the results from the last two months.

Something seems amiss.

WRL
It shows Tru Line with 9 points on their report. My guess is that Tru Line may not be getting credit for placements whenever the owner is also listed as the handler. I noticed on Tru Line's website that entries are responsibility of owner, so if they are choosing to list themselves as a handler, how is Retriever Results to know who is running the dog?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Statistics are statistics and data entry is data entry. Even with some data missing, all of the above dogs, handlers, trainers, and kennels are doing a great job. Everyone should be congratulated. These numbers will fluctuate as the trial season continues, dogs age out, move from one category of competition to another, whelp puppies, etc. It is great to see a thread where people and dogs are recognized for their hard work and efforts. Here is to hoping that all of us can have a dog that make a list like those posted above.

Good luck to all!

Best regards,

Linas

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
It shows Tru Line with 9 points on their report. My guess is that Tru Line may not be getting credit for placements whenever the owner is also listed as the handler. I noticed on Tru Line's website that entries are responsibility of owner, so if they are choosing to list themselves as a handler, how is Retriever Results to know who is running the dog?
Possibly. So far they have 3 firsts, couple of seconds and some thirds, etc.

Amie is listed as a handler so I'm not sure why they would not be getting credit.

WRL

·
Registered
5,564 Posts

Something seems amiss.

WRL
east coast bias!! same in football! lol

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Is it possible that the data entry is just a little behind?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Something seems amiss.

WRL
Give us all a break. There is nothing "amiss", it is a list that has some good hard working people on it which will change depending on who has run what throughout the year. To suggest that there is something going on otherwise is irresponsible and just plain rude. Congratulations to everyone on this list and to all who have been fortunate enough to compete at this level with some wonderful dogs.

·
Banned
3,787 Posts
Give us all a break. There is nothing "amiss", it is a list that has some good hard working people on it which will change depending on who has run what throughout the year. To suggest that there is something going on otherwise is irresponsible and just plain rude. Congratulations to everyone on this list and to all who have been fortunate enough to compete at this level with some wonderful dogs.
Too frickin' funny! If you want to be a sheeple and bury your head in the sand to continue looking like an idiot feel free. I merely pointed out that the "source" everyone seems to be quoting isn't (or appears to be) inaccurate.

I pointed out ONE inaccuracy (or maybe they have some hidden way of calculating this). How many more are there? I posted on why I think something is "amiss".Why don't you post up why the stats as quoted are accurate?

WRL

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
If it's about giving the dogs and people who run them due credit, something is amiss. To say otherwise is just plain rude.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts