RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a judge and I was wondering if this is a good buy. Never owned one before. Any replies welcome
Thanks
Bud

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
OLD Collar. I think it's the one with antenna coming out of the collar receiver and maybe colored pins for intensity levels. Not worth buying at any price IMO.

Usually see them on e-bay for 25 dollars or so.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Wow, a blast from the past. I have one in the garage that has not been used in 15-20 years. Tom you are right, colored contact points and a key or piece that you have to put on the collar or transmitter, I can't remember which one. I always hated those old collars. They are not very just for a judge. The stimulation level varies each time you press the button.

If you can give $15-20 for it you can trade it in and save a few bucks on a new collar, but I would not use it on one of my dogs

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I was given one about 10-12 years ago. Threw it in the trash.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had one years ago working with bird dogs. When working several dogs, it was a real pain trying to determine which points to use on the different dogs. You'd be better off to buy the new technology with the stimulation adjustments on the transmitter. You and your dog will both like it better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts