RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
I should of went that route and got a slide in but i didnt like the idea of backing in my boat with just my side mirrors
My first truck with a backup camera was a 2014 F150, it was improved on the 2018 and probably better now, an accessory I would not be without. I have been using side mirrors because of an obstructed rear view for almost 40 years, the habit is so ingrained that when I drive my wife’s Subaru I sometimes forget the rear window view.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't like the trailer because of the rough ride for the dogs and the amount of dust they eat.
That reminded me of something I was told by the original owner of my trailer....
After a couple(?) glasses of wine, she convinced her husband that she wanted/needed to know what the ride was like in the trailer. Fortunately, she's a tiny person. So, abiding by his wife's wishes, he helped her into one of the holes, closed the door and proceeded to drive down their gravel driveway to the paved road, drove a short distance on the pavement and then turned around for home ... it was the precise route she had instructed him to take. Upon returning to their home, he promptly (and wisely) opened the door and let her out. Her comment, "not bad, pretty smooth." I suspect that it was then time for another glass of wine.
I have not personally verified the smoothness of the ride.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That reminded me of something I was told by the original owner of my trailer....
After a couple(?) glasses of wine, she convinced her husband that she wanted/needed to know what the ride was like in the trailer. Fortunately, she's a tiny person. So, abiding by his wife's wishes, he helped her into one of the holes, closed the door and proceeded to drive down their gravel driveway to the paved road, drove a short distance on the pavement and then turned around for home ... it was the precise route she had instructed him to take. Upon returning to their home, he promptly (and wisely) opened the door and let her out. Her comment, "not bad, pretty smooth." I suspect that it was then time for another glass of wine.
I have not personally verified the smoothness of the ride.
Thanks for sharing!! That made me laugh

21 - 27 of 27 Posts