RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to send my six month old lab to a trainer. I was looking for some insight on any trainers in east Texas around Tyler/Longview area. Anyone with suggests please list. It will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You might want to check out Mark Madore of Clearwater Retrievers in Simms TX. He was the assistent trainer for Jim Gonia in Washington State and did the basics for at least 16 dogs that made the derby list and the basics for some of the top Field Trail dogs in the nation. He is a great young dog trainer and a very nice guy.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
if you select a pro based on geographical location or based on a few internet postings, then you have not done your due diligence and will probably be disappointed

·
Registered
881 Posts
"as well as spoke with him, but very expensive. " Really curious about what you call very expensive. Could you give me a range please. I know what I have paid for some help with my pup has been well worth it in every respect but I still don't mention the amount to the boss lady.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you select a pro based on geographical location or based on a few internet postings, then you have not done your due diligence and will probably be disappointed

I'm not basing my pick of trainer by internet posting, but by geographical location is a real issue with me since I'm new to this game and would also need to learn too, therefore keeping it close to home would be great. Like I stated in my first post, I looking for trainers in this area, that does not mean I'm going to pick one just because someone said he's good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"as well as spoke with him, but very expensive. " Really curious about what you call very expensive. Could you give me a range please. I know what I have paid for some help with my pup has been well worth it in every respect but I still don't mention the amount to the boss lady.
this trainer is field trail, I'm looking for someone to train my dog for Hunting purposes, and maybe later down the road a Hunt Test or Two. All the trainers I've looked at is between $400 to $550 a month for the Started Program. When I speak of expensive I'm talking about $750 a month.

·
Registered
395 Posts
this trainer is field trail, I'm looking for someone to train my dog for Hunting purposes, and maybe later down the road a Hunt Test or Two. All the trainers I've looked at is between $400 to $550 a month for the Started Program. When I speak of expensive I'm talking about $750 a month.
Ya go the hunting route, those field trial dogs just can't seem to find their groove in the duck woods or goose field.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ya go the hunting route, those field trial dogs just can't seem to find their groove in the duck woods or goose field.
Ther are plenty of dogs that run field trials that are great in the blind. Many have FC AFC titles to them as well. My girl spent moser time with a FT pro here and in Morris, MN. She is calm and is a great hunting dog. And is out of FC AFC Kicker.

A dog trained buy a FT pro can be a great hunting dog its all about them getting the exp. in the field.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ther are plenty of dogs that run field trials that are great in the blind. Many have FC AFC titles to them as well. My girl spent moser time with a FT pro here and in Morris, MN. She is calm and is a great hunting dog. And is out of FC AFC Kicker.

A dog trained buy a FT pro can be a great hunting dog its all about them getting the exp. in the field.

You need to check yours, i think it's broken.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts