RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be offering a training group in the Orland/Corning/Willows/Chico area two evenings a week and one weekend day, most likely Sunday. Anyone may come and it is free unless there is a land use fee. This is a low-key, child friendly environment so if you demand absolute quiet when running your dog this is probably not the group for you. Depending on time/land availability, setups will be short on weekdays (<150 yrds) and longer on Sundays (can be >200 yards). Setups will be able to be modified for dog skill level so don't let the distance scare you.

I am not the world's best dog trainer but if you're just starting out and need help I could do that.

Call Dawnyel McCarty at (209) 204-5204.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wow, that is very cool!! Nice of you to organize such an endeavor! Though I live 4 - 5 hours away in Crescent City, CA. I may take you up on that once a month or so. Hope you get lots of takers. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear a response today - have a feeling a lot of people check on RTF during work break times on Monday. Good luck and I hope to attend one these training days!

Thanks for posting,
Jennifer

·
Registered
408 Posts
I wish I was closer, because that sounds like a great training opportunity. I hope it works out well for whoever is in the area

Mark

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Dawnyel--- Thanks for spearheading the effort. I am planning a training day or two ( if I can keep myself from fishing) with Jennifer in Crescent City. Long drive for you, but you would get out of the heat. It would be nice to have another trainer. My days are flexible (except for the week my wife is there ;-) )and will be there in June and July. You gals organize the days, and we can work out the details and location. I have bumpers, launchers etc... Jennifer has my cell number.

In the winter months, I am in Williams most weekends, and have some nice places to train.

Again thanks, John

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you John, I look forward to it. June and July are good months to get out of the valley heat anyway, so a long drive wouldn't be so bad. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts