RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our original Marches Gundog Group collapsed last year; combined with a dreadful winter there were rather too many Indians but remarkably few Chiefs prepared to do the hard yakka. Well, we are under way again; the tribal elders are having heap big pow wows and getting set for a new Little Big Horn.

When discussing the re-launch on the internet, one of the old timers asked "Are we still open to bumbling amateurs with Weimeraners?" My response was "Open to anyone with the price of a pint or a glass of wine." The pics below give some indication of the intensity of our training days.

How do you think you'd fit in; what would be your entry qualification? Do you actually have the price of a pint?

Eug

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I am not sure about the price of a pint with exchange rates the way they are, but I have a whole closet full of fly rods that I have been known to pull out while training (used to keep one in my golf bag in case the carp were tailing).

Not sure I am up for any Hard Yakka, though. I'm not judging, I just don't swing that way. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well both the dogs are sitting while their owner's are either fishing or smoking.... I think I can do that (at least for a little while). I come with homemade snacks, garden vegetables in the summer, beer in the summer, and bourbon in the winter. I don't see what kind of buffet spread is in the last photo... that's the deal maker/breaker.

At least in the last photo, you have a few members of the fairer sex that seem amused by your antics.... maybe they are working on advanced degrees in the Psychology of Dog Addiction.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Looks like fun in those pics but is there training????going on?:)

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
In the first picture. What's the guy sitting on the bench hiding behind his back?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Had a training day this morning. Plenty of tailgaiting and deer sausage. You'd fit right in....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts