RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got back from a week of field training with Alaska trainer Baron Rae and Minnesota/Texas trainer Dan Denicus. It was fantastic and I feel I learned a lot. I let Baron take my 1 year old Chessie named Bera down in mid-January and he met up with Dan, who is very knowledgeable and ended up taking over some of Bera's force training as she was being a drama queen. Dan said she was one of the best at it he'd ever seen. She did well in the end and now has a very solid foundation for more advanced work. We trained mostly in Maypearl, Texas.

I posted some pics on Facebook under Mary Pemberton. This is the link. Not sure it will work.

-

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reposting and activating the link. I have got to learn these things some day. ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had to laugh when I read this. I live near Dallas and my sister is visiting from Chugiak.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell her I would gladly switch places for another week. It is 42 degrees here today and was snowing up in the mountains. It's cold and I miss warm.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree with Chesaka! I was in Texas as well training with Dan! He has so much knowledge of the FT game and I could have picked his brain for hours! He also liked my chocolate dog Jake. Said the dog had a lot of talent! Hope to cross paths again some time with Dan! Need some warm weather here in Alaska!
Carol

·
Registered
892 Posts
I met Baron and one of his Alaska contingent (bearded man I think his name is Wayne) at Metro Alliance.

Two really nice guys. I would have liked to get to know them better and would train with them any day. Hope they did well on their Texas spring tour.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts