RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Packed up the pup, decoys and bumpers and left the lake life in NC for a job in DC. Thankfully, to offset the obvious negatives of having Obama as a neighbor, I also have the Potomac just a stones throw away and the eastern shore a short drive away. I think we'll manage just fine. Would love to train with anyone up this way if you need someone to toss a few bumpers and vice versa. Give me a shout if you're interested.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Well, you've just landed smack dab in the middle of field trial and hunt test country. Not sure there is much HRC action around here though.
As far as your thread title "Training in the Big Damn City" do you realize just how many training opportunities exist very close to DC?
There is actually very nice private training area about 15.0 miles from the Washington Monument?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, I have found a few spots to run simple drills, although, I'm a little weary of getting bit by the leash law...pun intended.

There does seem to be an abundance of training groups that run their dogs within 30 mins of the city and I've heard really great things about their setups. I plan to catch up with them in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bryan,
I trained with you (observed at Cheltenham) several weeks ago. Please give me a call 301-848-4429. Thanks

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was an apprentice judge yesterday at the Keystone Ret. Club hunt test. Bryan and Rooster did a wonderful job in junior.
Was that his title, Bryan?

Laurie

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was an apprentice judge yesterday at the Keystone Ret. Club hunt test. Bryan and Rooster did a wonderful job in junior.
Was that his title, Bryan?

Laurie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts